IGNORED

Burial's Untrue is the most important electronic album of the century

zaphod

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Music for teenagers. Fake angsty emo stuff. Electronic equivalent to My Chemical Romance.

but there's so many feels and mysteriousness to the guy he's so emotional omg 

blah blah blah

Rough Sleeper is a good track, if you don't agree, then, well, I didn't really think of anything to say in response. It's a good track though. I don't think it's just angsty teenager music but if you think that then I feel sorry for you. You must be a cold unfeeling robot, sir. Too much IDM for those ears of yours.

Nah that's a bollocks argument.

The emotional range of this album is one note and sophomoric. It reminds me of so much of the glut of 00s Constellation postrock that I gobbled up as a self pitying teen. Same reason I can't stomach Tim Hecker.

I like me some feels music but fuck this shit.

I was mostly joking in that post, but I don't know, I think it's easy to say that it's simplistic and edgy if you don't vibe with it in the first place. I think one thing that is really great about his music is that I can't find much posturing. It seems to come from a genuine place.

And one note? I personally always thought he was really good at putting many emotions in one song, but it's dense, like the texture of drywall. It's easy to view it as one broad edgy thing but if you look closer there are all sorts of conflicting "emotions" drifting in and out in one single track. But that's subjective.

As for the album, I think he was just trying to do his best to make something that sounded important to him. And that's a good thing in today's music.

No it's not the most important album of the century or even the decade, I just think it's a good album. He created something layered and captivating in his own way, on his own terms.

This is also from an American's point of view and I think that may be something that divides the burial fans and non-fans. Us Amerifags are less likely to be burned out on the dubstep garage 2step thing and thus the album sounded relatively fresh to us. Or at least put a spin on it that made it sound less clubby and a bit more subtle.

Yeah fair enough. As you say, subjective innit.

I put it on recently for the first time in years. Was out on a walk in town. Waited for it to get dark for tru authenticity/vibez.

Pic I took when I was walking:

ZlAQ3DY.jpg

I got as far as 'Homeless' (lol@that fucking title) and I just couldn't take it anymore.

I switched to this

And had fun instead

You must be a cold unfeeling robot, sir.

Fairly accurate actually.

As I was taking out the trash I realized that your doppelgänger name should be Hulk Vanderbuilt. Geddit?

Yeah fair enough. As you say, subjective innit.

I put it on recently for the first time in years. Was out on a walk in town. Waited for it to get dark for tru authenticity/vibez.

Pic I took when I was walking:

ZlAQ3DY.jpg

I got as far as 'Homeless' (lol@that fucking title) and I just couldn't take it anymore.

I switched to this

And had fun instead

gatekeeper-header.jpg

;)

Archived