IGNORED

Burial's Untrue is the most important electronic album of the century

zaphod

Nothing is important it's just tunes you like. 

Basically music critics are a massive bunch of cunts and it's not a real job and they should fuck off?
Do I need to bring up my schoolmate who is a music 'critic' for the daily telegraph and writes articles about how blink 182 are better than the beatles again?

This guy sounds like a lad. 

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do I need to bring up my schoolmate who is a music 'critic' for the daily telegraph and writes articles about how blink 182 are better than the beatles again?

Please do, it sounds lelzy.

nah bruv

fak shake point me in the rite direction den

I'd rate Multistability, UL8, Manitutshu and Sentielle Objectif Actualité over that one.

Not to mention this bastard (which maybe doesn't count because it's a collab)

I've never actually "gotten into" this album. I've listened several times over the years and I admit it has a cool sound to it and it's probably "good". But I'm weird about music I guess. Nothing about it makes me want to listen to it multiple times and I don't understand why it's prized to the level it is. But I come back and listen again thinking maybe I'll understand and have better perspective to understand what makes it great.

EDIT: Actually I don't think I ever really listened to it much if at all, I guess I only had his first self-titled album. I'm dumb

nah bruv

fak shake point me in the rite direction den

I'd rate Multistability, UL8, Manitutshu and Sentielle Objectif Actualité over that one.

Not to mention this bastard (which maybe doesn't count because it's a collab)

i see and i partly agree cause multistability is the album that i listen to most often but ten types was the most shockable to me (in a good way) and somehow i see it as the most creative/free. just imo.

p.s. still prefer atavism above all of his solo works. kill me! :)

i like canada though only been to BC and whitehorse, yukon.

I like BC but I hated the Yukon. I've only driven through it to get between BC and Alaska though. Sooooo boring. Such a deep existential type of boredom like a desert but with trees... trees and trees and a gas station and more trees for hundreds of miles. It would be creepy if it weren't so damn exhaustingly boring.

I like BC but I hated the Yukon. I've only driven through it to get between BC and Alaska though. Sooooo boring. Such a deep existential type of boredom like a desert but with trees... trees and trees and a gas station and more trees for hundreds of miles. It would be creepy if it weren't so damn exhaustingly boring.

I like that though, such solitude. 

Boring = safe. Introvert thinking.

Christ marmighty Burial is so overrated, tracks are the audio equivalent of Derek Zoolander's cache of various different looks. Take one female r'n'b lament, run it through a few London-alleyway-at-3-am filters, add a few bullet casings hitting the concrete, then top the whole thing off with a weaksauce reduction of chavstep-infused clicketyclack.wav.

Also the level of fanboiism - on par if not greater than RDJ, Boc, OPN - upsets my delicate consitiution

Go Plastic, take one funkbreak.wav, chop it up so it sounds like a man carrying a drumkit falling down some stairs, add some vocals and sirens recorded off pirate radio, speed up 150% and add bursts of noise so no-one can dj it.

lol. I don't dislike this description of Go Plastic, if someone described an album like this (in 2001, before the vomitous rise of breakcore) I'd want to hear it.

Multistability

multistability is the album that i listen to most often

Multistability is fucking dope. I need to listen to Atavism again; I think I've only given it one proper run-through.

I guess I'm a city introvert. Not so much for the "stuff to do." I like the wilderness but I find it uninspiring. I like having low-level noise and lopsided shit and a moderate amount of tension and excitement around me. I don't mind having people around as long as I feel inert toward them, like they don't expect anything of me and I can fuck off or act like an idiot whenever I feel like it.

Multistability

multistability is the album that i listen to most often

Multistability is fucking dope. I need to listen to Atavism again; I think I've only given it one proper run-through.

I guess I'm a city introvert. Not so much for the "stuff to do." I like the wilderness but I find it uninspiring. I like having low-level noise and lopsided shit and a moderate amount of tension and excitement around me. I don't mind having people around as long as I feel inert toward them, like they don't expect anything of me and I can fuck off or act like an idiot whenever I feel like it.

i flew from vancouver to whitehorse. was a nice flight.. lot's of constant beauty out the window of the plane. whitehorse is a town of 30ish thousand or so people. it has a needle exchange program. it's a microcosm of any small city really. something like 25 bars in a grid. lot's of amazing hikes and scenery everywhere. short drives to awesome stuff. there's an art scene, bands, a theater, a movie theater, a fucking walmart (!!!) in whitehorse. lot's of young people. it was really fun to visit. i have a friend who lives there so stayed w/her and that was awesome.  went on an epic mtn bike ride along the river. that night sat in a hot tub behind a cabin she was house sitting for her boss. it was cold out.. over looking a valley and forrest etc and it started to snow lightly.. we had eaten mushrooms and had redwine. it was fucking excellent. 

Yeah I could be inclined to agree with the premise (most important is a tad retarded but still) but the article it's self was pretty cringe

More importantly predawn/indoors release seems to have been put back :(

Can we get back to how shit and pretentious  and, more importantly, wrong the article is?

The New Labour comments are sheer bollocks. 

As are the links to Joy Division, what's that about.

I might do a parody of it.

I try my best nowadays not too spew forth too much vitriolic bile (apart from Boomkat who are in their own league of pretentiousness)  but I'm all ears for any one else to have a go, so please be our guest Mr Sombrero....

It is a good album. If we just stick with the bass/beats genres I prefer Ital Tek - Cyclical.

There are loads of albums I like more than Untrue and I can't say which is the best.

You must, when surfing the web one must have their list of bests with them at all times.

Archived