IGNORED

Burial's Untrue is the most important electronic album of the century

zaphod

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i flew from vancouver to whitehorse. was a nice flight.. lot's of constant beauty out the window of the plane. whitehorse is a town of 30ish thousand or so people. it has a needle exchange program. it's a microcosm of any small city really. something like 25 bars in a grid. lot's of amazing hikes and scenery everywhere. short drives to awesome stuff. there's an art scene, bands, a theater, a movie theater, a fucking walmart (!!!) in whitehorse. lot's of young people. it was really fun to visit. i have a friend who lives there so stayed w/her and that was awesome.  went on an epic mtn bike ride along the river. that night sat in a hot tub behind a cabin she was house sitting for her boss. it was cold out.. over looking a valley and forrest etc and it started to snow lightly.. we had eaten mushrooms and had redwine. it was fucking excellent. 

Well, that sounds lovely. 

one of the advantages of being old is not even being aware that something called Burial exists or is even considered relevant

lol, Richard?

WATMM

YOU HURT MEEEEE                   

DROP

I heard it was done entirely in Soundforge, with no grid to line up the beats so it had to be done by eye/ear. That is neat, if true...

ambermonk used to make beats this way in Cool Edit 1.53. Working with just stereo and Stomper was his only synth. He always kept a calculator in reach. He even figured out how to make crazy ring mod and degradation effects with the flanger effect. It was inspiring.

I really want to hear this, if it is true

I heard it was done entirely in Soundforge, with no grid to line up the beats so it had to be done by eye/ear. That is neat, if true...

ambermonk used to make beats this way in Cool Edit 1.53. Working with just stereo and Stomper was his only synth. He always kept a calculator in reach. He even figured out how to make crazy ring mod and degradation effects with the flanger effect. It was inspiring.

Here's his eponymous "theme" track created using the aforementioned process. He was 16 when he made this.

Here's his eponymous "theme" track created using the aforementioned process. He was 16 when he made this.

damn!

can you send that to Simon Reynolds, please. I think it's only right that he be shown how this shit is properly done.

can you send that to Simon Reynolds, please. I think it's only right that he be shown how this shit is properly done.

https://twitter.com/SimonRetromania

I have alerted Mr. Reynolds.

Archived