IGNORED

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard giving new album masters away for free

Rubin Farr

King Gizzard fucking rules. They played a track off the new album on the radio earlier, and it was pretty nice. Don't take them too seriously, they certainly don't take themselves that way.

Seeing them live for the first time at Gizzfest on Saturday. Excited! 

This makes me wish I liked this band more.

Yeah. Maybe I'm being unfair in not trying because I'm just so over pysch rock revival. I mean, a lot of it's good and all, I'm just snobby and into weirder and heavier stuff. Once you've seen Acid Mothers Temple 10 years ago everything else seems a little tame.

I like actual gizzards fried quite a lot though.

This makes me wish I liked this band more.

Yeah. Maybe I'm being unfair in not trying because I'm just so over pysch rock revival. I mean, a lot of it's good and all, I'm just snobby and into weirder and heavier stuff. Once you've seen Acid Mothers Temple 10 years ago everything else seems a little tame.

I like actual gizzards fried quite a lot though.

Yeah it's kind of funny, I was listening to stuff like this years ago and now I prefer metal. In 10 more years will I only listen to harsh pink noise at 110dB? 

this has more polyrhythms than the new Tool album.

Searching... sounds like it could fit right in between Parabol and Parabola on Lateralus. And not in a bad way either. I never really gave this band a shot based on a) the ridiculous name and b) the one song of theirs I listened to partially was rattlesnake which seemed repetitive and on first listen just came across as some really derivative revivalist tripe. Listened to the full album in full at work and enjoyed it quite a bit. Definitely plan on keeping it in rotation and  will dig into their discog later.

Archived