IGNORED

New Max Tundra album is new Daphne & Celeste album

This month sees the release of the first new album written and produced by Max Tundra since 2008's Parallax Error Beheads YouDaphne & Celeste Save The World, a 13-song collection of giddy, ridiculous, genre-bursting pop, is released on 30 March on Tundra's own Balatonic label, but is available to preorder now on vinyl (black or pink), CD, limited cassette and download, alongside a bewildering variety of beautiful merchandise items, including temporary tattoos and badges - click here to buy. 
The world has changed a hell of a lot since D&C stormed up the charts with their effervescent earworms U.G.L.Y. andOoh Stick You, back near the birth of the 21st century. A few years ago, Tundra tweeted the duo, asking them if he could write and produce their comeback record. After Celeste replied with "that's a rad idea!" the three of them kept in touch and eventually, Daphne & Celeste Save The World was born. The LP, the duo's first in 18 years, finds our friends in fine, soaring, melodic voice, with Tundra's restlessly inventive production a toothsome, chordy, maximalist feast. These tunes touch on subjects as varied as time travel, succulents, pipelines under the ocean, cabins in the wood, unadventurous guitarists and different regions of the brain, but above all the sweet, enduring friendship of those two people who, long ago, told us all to Ooh Stick You.

Yeah that single from a few years back (You and I Alone) was a proper ear worm, interesting to see it's developed into an entire album rather than just that one-off

• 3 weeks later...

Gave that album a listen today without having heard anything from Max Tundra nor Daphne & Celeste before and yeah, it was really good.

Like a forgotten Sonic game OST with lyrics. But in a good way.

yepyepyep

I've got everything. Met him a bunch of times too. A lovely chap.

I listened to the first 3/4s of this yesterday (was the end of a long walk and I got home when You and I Alone had just finished) 

Sounds pretty fucking great imo. Sounds like a Max Tundra album.

Yeah, their identities are more or less gone from the equation.  They're used more like another synth.  It's seems kind of exploitive really, but now they're part of something awesome so... I'm sure they're more than cool with it.

I don't know if that characterization is fair, like in this interview when You & I Alone first came out https://www.tinymixtapes.com/features/daphne-celeste-with-max-tundra they talk about how Max wasn't the first guy who came knocking with an offer, and that there was something in the music that connected with their idea of Daphne & Celeste

Not had chance to listen properly yet but from what I've heard so far very much agree this is a Max Tundra album! Which is more than fine with me! :)

Archived