IGNORED

Kanye West is writing a Philosophy Book on Twitter in Real Time

Nebraska

Some discussion on the mental health of Kanye following a pic of an exchange between kanye and john legend. He seems a bit paranoid. And some people see this as a sign he might be heading for a psychotic episode. Hard to judge obvsly. But his behavior does seem kind of erratic. So its good to keep that in mind.

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/989541974070837248?s=20

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a very talented producer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanye_West_production_discography

I'm not a huge fan but he's alright.

I still have a hard time wrapping my head around how much importance gets put on pop music.

This article from the NY Times on Beyoncé's performance at Coachella is mind-bendingly vacuous in its hype of pop culture. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/15/arts/music/beyonce-coachella-review.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Farts&action=click&contentCollection=arts&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=115&pgtype=sectionfront

I'm not a big Kanye apologist but I do find it baffling how some people are so dismissive of him completely. He's worked his ass off from day one and he was more than accomplished before he really "made it."

Pop culture hype is a fucking behemoth at this point, it's just an absolute mess of redundancy and needlessness. Content farming is out of control, major outlets are just corporate PR machines (Pfork was sold to Conde Nast years ago, every other major online music news or journalism site has been bought out) Music journalism in the sense of review and feature magazines as the existed for decades died sometime in the last 10 years, for better or worse. Consequence of Sound, Quietus, Resident Advisor, The Wire are all indie still, same with Tiny Mix Tapes. Otherwise I just follow certain writers the best I can. I know Chris Ott (Shallow Rewards) is polarizing here but he's pissed off a lot of people by calling out this shit.

Hmmm I got lots to say about that, but it's 3:15 AM here and this man has to work tomorrow.

I'll follow through at work lol.

no worries, just now seeing this as my wife and I just brought another life into this world last friday

maybe this is offensive but it's gotta be weird being black with legitimate concerns about institutions and stuff but then there's the occasional more conspiratorial black guy which like the basic premise is ok? But you wonder if the guy takes it FURTHUR for schizophrenia reasons? Is his brain just like "white people everywhere.... white EYES everywhere aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

maybe this is offensive but it's gotta be weird being black with legitimate concerns about institutions and stuff but then there's the occasional more conspiratorial black guy which like the basic premise is ok? But you wonder if the guy takes it FURTHUR for schizophrenia reasons? Is his brain just like "white people everywhere.... white EYES everywhere aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

I mean honestly that's my issue with the whole thing, conspiracies it's usually like a white former raver guy and below a certain body weight haha and it feels like 'are you just a narcissist and want to be PUT DOWN about something with your in-group cause you failed as an philosophy major or what'

Edit: I'm honest I don't know how many thicc conspiracy guys there are

Edit: and then it's like ok good if the guys are motivated to exercise but is KUNDAALINI ENERG the only motivation people have to exercise? lol

I try my best to keep as far away as possible from this man and anything remotely to do with him. So the sooner we get an option on watmm to Ignore All Kanye West Threads and Posts ​the sooner the better. Thanks.

I try my best to keep as far away as possible from this man and anything remotely to do with him. So the sooner we get an option on watmm to Ignore All Kanye West Threads and Posts ​the sooner the better. Thanks.

New forum feature pls

to be fair dark twisted beautiful fantasy I heard some track and it almost sounded like analog bubblebath 3 (or 4)

except kanye doesn't go WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and reveals musical influence

there was like, intentional clipping though

You know he doesn't even write most of his material right? He has a team of ghostwriters. For the music and the lyrics. 

lol

but, how much albums have you released, that's what i'd like to know lol

Why again is it important how many records Bulk released, when we talk about the idiocity of Kanye?

It could very well be performance art. Andy Kaufman definitely did things like this and Kanye is famous for basically biting the styles of a variety of mavericks before him.

you heard VENETIAN SNARES and said "that's freaky"

but probably performance art

"asexual lithium addicts" is self commentary though

Untitled234235325253.png

100% intentional. lined paper

any time snares titles a song WHERE YOU FELL or implies mortal injury it's just code for electronic music producer fwp inconveniences

if snares does coding like DJ Saint-Hubert you come to the conclusion everyone views the computer as a magic slave box at least at times, that can instantly gratify everything and the actual definition of a computer is REALLY SMART ROBOT dude who is simultaneously idiot savant and needs explicit instructions on everything and is constantly asking for something of the user in return

venetian snares aaron funk, real name but unprovable unless you're the canadian cia, ccia

aphex CCAI is actually secretly a collaboration with funk

also popup is to the side, sidewalks

but yeah guys I think it's very possible that snares is just selling the surface fanboys and stepmania furry bronies this idm diss narrative and secretly every album could be a collab with a lot of famous idm guys

clue, the pads

Edit: dj saint hubert secret history, "Nonthreatening Placebo World" is a secret collab with Future Sound of London Papua New Guinea or Orbital Halcyon

i lost track of how ragnar decided this is now a vsnares thread

I just didn't want to start a topic cause I got banned last time for a lot of topics (self-aware of RAMBLING so f you)

if the mods want to migrate the snares stuff fine

Eno sometimes is intriuging with Oblique Strategies and sometimes like random diagrams production process in interviews, and then I see in idm a counterpoint saying that's thinking/trying too hard, and like nothing artwise is ever like MODERATE or cohesive about things aargh

Aphex interview "I always seem to go for the extremes" and even when it's not like that in a work do people unconsciously like production processes like that, Kubrick

autechre not an autism joke it's about auteurs

Archived