IGNORED

why BT might be halfway interesting or at least old stuff of his

Ragnar

i'v listened and enjoyed music made by rapists, neo nazis, murderers, junkies, baby eaters and trump supporters who marry a kardashian but i will never ever listen to this guy. His music sounds like his hair, it's makes me fuckin puke

OK just saying the guy isn't like a neural network with frosted tips draped over it

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'v listened and enjoyed music made by rapists, neo nazis, murderers, junkies, baby eaters and trump supporters who marry a kardashian but i will never ever listen to this guy. His music sounds like his hair, it's makes me fuckin puke

accurate

depressiontechno

lol

makes non getting high electronic music ideas, is called schizoid

I'm impressed with ragnar's ability to shoehorn his pathological obsession with venetian snares into any topic at hand.

because he's like the only legitimacy in idm ever anymore or at least consistently enough to give a fuck ok

like sorry if a few of the releases aren't gr9 but the rest feels like 'looks up cool modern anime' maybe. Recommend stuf then haha and don't be passiveaggressiontechno

Edit: also only idm guy to conclude 'this isn't even really dance music anyway so time signatures who gives a shit' lol instantrespect

I know a couple guys that ghost-wrote for him. He's only halfway interesting because he would pick up students from Berklee and get them to start his tracks for him.

I know a couple guys that ghost-wrote for him. He's only halfway interesting because he would pick up students from Berklee and get them to start his tracks for him.

ha i personally know this to be true as well as i know a friend who ghost wrote somnambulist

that friend was none other than me

ungh I dunno this forum can be too ironic sometimes. Keep in mind I don't really spend much time here except I got unbanned and felt like musicnontechstuff topic and whatever. elsewhere people wish this place was more about actual music production for a place called 'we are the music makers'. I/we were talking about music gear guys in upstate connecticut or whatever and said 'cloistered' but I can feel that way here at times. There's also an element of I'M OUT plenty of times and it can make a message board seem kinda boring

I dunno if this forum has caught on to strongfeelings aspect of posts yet. I graduated college but um stufhappens during that time period and then I feel totally weirded out I was pretty unaffected about an album with devoted doggo track. And maybe like two different ways I wish college had been different. I mean I was pretty self aware with music stuff I made then I was like 'is this afterlife'

Ragnar is awesome.

As for BT, yeah kinda torn about the guy. On one hand, he has a really douchey image to him, his stuff is mastered way too loudly, and he wastes his talents on EDM music when it feels like he could really go far out there with his work. On the other hand, he does have the amazing production techniques and he loves Autechre.

Just rumours too, but I heard that he is a big asshole and he steals from other musicians though :\

Ragnar is awesome.

As for BT, yeah kinda torn about the guy. On one hand, he has a really douchey image to him, his stuff is mastered way too loudly, and he wastes his talents on EDM music when it feels like he could really go far out there with his work. On the other hand, he does have the amazing production techniques and he loves Autechre.

Just rumours too, but I heard that he is a big asshole and he steals from other musicians though :\

people don't realize this is 'find some common goodness in a randomly chosen human being' thread lol

but yeah he definitely doesn't take risks and that seems like a big PRINCIPLE thing to watmm, but on the flipside ties in with 'selling out' to me and meanwhile aphex does ads for ORANGE etc. I know that's an american standard and not UK that that's 'selling out'

15 years i have been here and never ever seen such a trainwreck of a thread as this

meh there's definitely an element of trying too hard in the thread, but it was also kind of /formative years/ tekno to me, people are allowed to like rando music for stupid reasons! lel  I also kind of felt at the time he was a chance for some semi-legitimate American tekno where with my knowledge at the time it was just... Crystal Method? Alice Deejay? lol  There is definitely underground American electronic musicians but I dunno, Oneohtrix Point Never seems pretty KNOWN, at least there's that. Also listening to BT period was like 2007, what American artists were around at that time? Electronic music at the time felt like 'here's some cool British guys like Underworld'

just trying to give some context

also there's plenty of stuff OF THAT ILK I still remember fondly. Tiesto the guy himself sucks but there was some halfway cool music on those mix albums, also Above and Beyond

back when an israeli trance musician could make a song called 'illumina' and still to this day no shitstorm in the youtube comments? (last time I checked)

a neural network with frosted tips draped over it

This is actually exactly what I think of BT

sometimes I imagine I'm a binary transistor

for some reason i have never heard of this guy. 

I'm sorry 'BT' data occupies your brain cells now, wasn't worth it to post this thread tbh

for some reason i have never heard of this guy. 

I hope you made a swift egress for a bottle of vodka.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived