IGNORED

Raime - Am I Using Content Or Is Content Using Me?

I quite like the last two releases, not sure about this one after one listen... yeh the titles are too on the nose. Is this meant to be ironically on the nose?

Dat press release tho

After years of drilling their message home thru belligerent repetition, the crucial London duo here go fractiously febrile, ephemeral and non-linear, probing a certain sort of feminine pressure across four tracks drawing as much from grime, post-punk and jungle as afrobeats R&B and dembow rhythms

But what does it mean?

If anything is described as "crucial" it invariably isn't

I'll never get on with these press releases (at least this one is not a 1000 word essay) , I always thought it was pretty cool to individually translate instrumental music for yourself. Paint your own pictures and landscapes. 

Anyway I thought was this EP was a neat listen.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

not sure if very bad or genius

ima take a pick: the first.

love me some raime, but this. this is milking it. milking pushing buttons. imo.

not my cuppa. listening to the other stuff on the label it becomes satire pretty soon. 

I mean at least it’s certainly something... divisive...? This in itself, an achievement.

So far they’ve changed styles quite a bit between releases. And here they’re somehow questioning, exposing, playing with, samples. I mean SAMPLES!! they sure have samples. And a keyboard, and yes, likely the samples are pushed with buttons. Are they good samples? Are they bad samples? Is there a deeper context? The parameters which were handed to them - are boundaries being pushed? These and other questions, we may or may not find answers to them by listening to this music, or not. ?

I mean at least it’s certainly something... divisive...? This in itself, an achievement.

So far they’ve changed styles quite a bit between releases. And here they’re somehow questioning, exposing, playing with, samples. I mean SAMPLES!! they sure have samples. And a keyboard, and yes, likely the samples are pushed with buttons. Are they good samples? Are they bad samples? Is there a deeper context? The parameters which were handed to them - are boundaries being pushed? These and other questions, we may or may not find answers to them by listening to this music, or not.

tenor.gif?itemid=7837710

Archived