IGNORED

Interesting things

may be rude

3 hours ago, Nebraska said:

1-61d9713bc75d3a.jpg

royal caribbean's "icon of the seas" will the be the largest cruise ship in the world when it sets sail jan 2024. it is 5 times larger and heavier than the titanic, has 20 deck floors tall with more than 40 bars/restaurants, 7 pools (for every mood), 6 water slides, bowling alleys and live music & circus performances and can hold 10,000 people (7500 passengers)

What a monstrosity.  Imagine that thing pulling into port in the Bahamas or Mexico. What a nightmare 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ignatius said:

What a monstrosity.  Imagine that thing pulling into port in the Bahamas or Mexico. What a nightmare 

my main motivation for getting on a boat would be to get away from people. cruise ships are like giant shopping malls that you can leave.

on the plus side, more cruise ship people will be in the ocean vs possibly walking somewhere near me

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

What makes this course special

Director Yagi (Ultraman) teaches “tokusatsu” – hero vs. monster special-effects filmmaking – by building a concept “AKARI” from scratch to fight scene. See the short and watch it come together: from character design to world building, stunt choreography to shooting and effects. Plus, the rich history of Japanese special-effects filmmaking that made it possible.

https://www.naro.tv/tokusatsu

• Like 1

Alamy_P1MNB3_cT-f093473.jpg?quality=90&r

the spider-tailed horned viper (found in the zagros mountains in iran). the tip of it's tail resembles the shape of a spider, but not only does it moves just like a spider, it is used as a hunting tool to lure insectivorous birds

Edited by Nebraska
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, o00o said:

This guy sounds like modern Steven hawkings

string theory has been essentially abandoned/ignored for quite some years now. the 2000s were kinda the last bastion of many scientists still clinging to it.

shit sure sounds pretty and all of course, but yeah...it ain't reality.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 1

On 7/27/2023 at 6:51 PM, auxien said:

string theory has been essentially abandoned/ignored for quite some years now. the 2000s were kinda the last bastion of many scientists still clinging to it.

shit sure sounds pretty and all of course, but yeah...it ain't reality.

that video's amazing

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, trying to be less rude said:

that video's amazing

all her stuff i've watched is great. definitely gets into the math at times but 90% of what she's talking about is understandable by the average person who's at least vaguely familiar with science news/etc.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2023 at 7:07 PM, auxien said:

all her stuff i've watched is great. definitely gets into the math at times but 90% of what she's talking about is understandable by the average person who's at least vaguely familiar with science news/etc.

will have to watch more of her stuff. i like the presentation and her speaking style and she's funny and smart. thanks for that one. 

edit: so i watched a couple more of her videos and these two are awesome and i found myselft slapping the table and laughing when she tells the story of the chef to make a point. 

and this one makes a double feature w/the crackpots video. 

Edited by ignatius

• 2 weeks later...