IGNORED

Aphex & Paradox?

ceiling

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many lame cock suckers that post on this board.  Drum & bass, techno, house are amazing genres, and like most things - especially when you dig in and explore them to find the gems....of which there are literally hundreds.  There are countless tracks within those genres that are among RDJ's favorite music and a good portion of his early, most classic material is straight up techno.  Ever take a look at the tracks Richard posted in his youtube thread on Soundcloud?  Pretty much the majority of it is comprised of these genres.

This is an example of why for many years he shunned broader success outside of the underground.  Because you have idiot fan boys, like some of the people talking shit in here that don't know anything about the music and it's origins.

Dance music has an actual function that just kind of wipes the floor with most of your bedroom listening, chin stroking nonsense.

opinions....  :watmm:

It's not mine.

yes yes. please dont add to the negativity. :)

gonna be a great event with a great line-up. although some people in the crowd might be grumpy and complaining about the generic d&b. shit happens. people complaining is equally generic, ironically.

(going meta as well, prolly. but just a tiny little bit less)

:flower:

So many lame cock suckers that post on this board.  Drum & bass, techno, house are amazing genres, and like most things - especially when you dig in and explore them to find the gems....of which there are literally hundreds.  There are countless tracks within those genres that are among RDJ's favorite music and a good portion of his early, most classic material is straight up techno.  Ever take a look at the tracks Richard posted in his youtube thread on Soundcloud?  Pretty much the majority of it is comprised of these genres.

This is an example of why for many years he shunned broader success outside of the underground.  Because you have idiot fan boys, like some of the people talking shit in here that don't know anything about the music and it's origins.

Dance music has an actual function that just kind of wipes the floor with most of your bedroom listening, chin stroking nonsense.

I really like dance music but I don't go to clubs. Now that's IDM!

Another thing I've noticed is that people on here only like something that's been approved/played by Richard.  Paradox is good but he's rather average within the genre of drum & bass.  The golden age of D&B is from roughly 93' to 04'.  This is when all the most innovative, classic, timeless material came out give or take a couple years.  Within that timeframe there are innumerable gems and every year the style was evolving and changing.  So I urge anyone who likes paradox's stuff to explore the genre in greater depth.

Paradox is good but he's rather average within the genre of drum & bass.

I'd have to disagree. He's had tunes out on Moving Shadow, Reienforced. Renegade Hardware, Metalheadz... Not many artists have that track record, especially an average artist.

I'd also have to say that the 'golden era' in jungle/dnb ended 98/99 at the latest IMO

I'd have to disagree. He's had tunes out on Moving Shadow, Reienforced. Renegade Hardware, Metalheadz... Not many artists have that track record, especially an average artist.

I'd also have to say that the 'golden era' in jungle/dnb ended 98/99 at the latest IMO

Yeah OK I followed jungle/drum & bass RELIGIOUSLY from 94' to about 2006.  In that time period I know every significant record that came out as well as many of the most obscure and I saw every producer worth anything several times over in various cities.  There is absolute nothing you can tell me about the genre.  You are dead wrong first of all with your statement of "98-99"  The period of 00'-01' brought a whole new direction and host of game changing artists to the genre that are copied to this day.  In fact all the drum & bass you hear today comes from the style that was birthed from around 2000 - 2002....and like I said in my original post "give or take a few years.  98' was somewhat of a down year however 99 was a great year for drum & bass. 

I'm familiar with most of Paradox's catalog and I like about 5 tracks he's ever done so to me...as I said - he's good but not close to being one of the best or a standout in the genre.  Just because Richard likes his stuff means nothing to me.  I consider myself an OG master of the genre haha. 

Wow.

You obviously know eveything about the genre and everything about me.

I will never be so stupid as to post my own opinion in this forum again...

Good clip of Dev talking about his live set up and the second clip is a track called Linear Control which he only plays live. Would love a release of that one, great Amen and Soul Beat Runna chops.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e0wg_618ac

If I had destroyed like 8 of those machines I'm pretty sure I would try and figure out a better system. No matter I like a lot of what he was saying though, particularly just the idea of how he's using the computer. Wonder how similar to that sort of thing people are getting with more modern software/hardware combos. Interesting to see someone using something a bit different nonetheless.

His music is boring af tho.

Yeah OK I followed jungle/drum & bass RELIGIOUSLY from 94' to about 2006.  In that time period I know every significant record that came out as well as many of the most obscure and I saw every producer worth anything several times over in various cities.  There is absolute nothing you can tell me about the genre.  You are dead wrong first of all with your statement of "98-99"  The period of 00'-01' brought a whole new direction and host of game changing artists to the genre that are copied to this day.  In fact all the drum & bass you hear today comes from the style that was birthed from around 2000 - 2002....and like I said in my original post "give or take a few years.  98' was somewhat of a down year however 99 was a great year for drum & bass. 

I'm familiar with most of Paradox's catalog and I like about 5 tracks he's ever done so to me...as I said - he's good but not close to being one of the best or a standout in the genre.  Just because Richard likes his stuff means nothing to me.  I consider myself an OG master of the genre haha.

yikes

Archived