IGNORED

Bach festival recommendations

cooliofranco

been invited by some friends to play an overnight Bach festival. Sounds like anything is fair game: lots of noise folks, classically trained, and just straight up experimental stuff. point is, it's supposed to be "your Bach" and I'm thinking I'm the electronic representative here (I may be the only one with drum machines :).

I basically have no music theory background so there's no way I can fit in with some complex counterpoint. Any suggestions out there? 

Also, I think it's totally fair game to play something that's not entirely mine, so if there's some (autechre??) track that would fit this description, I'd love to hear / re work it it to use.

Yeah, go full artyfart on it, midi files just won't please.

Get one of his harpsichord concertos but map it all to General Midi gm/gs channel 10 played back on an early 90s soundcard. Claim it's a statement on how the timeless nature of his composition can become dated by future technologies.

Get one of his harpsichord concertos but map it all to General Midi gm/gs channel 10 played back on an early 90s soundcard. Claim it's a statement on how the timeless nature of his composition can become dated by future technologies.

I actually got into Bach when I was little because the music program that came with the Acorn Archimedes had a demo file that played Toccata and Fugue in D minor with the computer's shitty plucked string synth. It sounded great then and would probably still sound great now.

I have a love of Bach and Chopin and used to write a lot of counterpoint focused pieces. One year, for the RPM Challenge, I wrote an album of 4 part harmonies using square waves. If you download this EP, then you get ten extra tracks. It's free, FYI.

Feel free to play anything you like.

https://soundcloud.com/william-s-braintree/broke-as-bach

ah this is good stuff, will holler if i play some of it :)

I have a love of Bach and Chopin and used to write a lot of counterpoint focused pieces. One year, for the RPM Challenge, I wrote an album of 4 part harmonies using square waves. If you download this EP, then you get ten extra tracks. It's free, FYI.

Feel free to play anything you like.

https://soundcloud.com/william-s-braintree/broke-as-bach

• 3 weeks later...

Archived