IGNORED

Pure Instagram account of AFX symbols made out of recycled stuff

Lewps

It seems to have been a later transformation for that account. Earlier posts on that account included his alternate graphic designs which were very cool, lately seems to be nothing but logo similarities.

It seems to have been a later transformation for that account. Earlier posts on that account included his alternate graphic designs which were very cool, lately seems to be nothing but logo similarities.

yeah! he had an earlier series of posts on the SAW2 artwork that was really sweet

• 2 years later...

spacer.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJYEg57hEt4/?igshid=1w6cguz6u1d3e

Unpublished Artwork from the archive of Paul Nicholson.
This is an early draft for an EP that was never released - Aphex Twin, Phlegm.

The intended released date for Phlegm would have been Autumn 1992 on R&S.
It would have followed Xylem Tube released in June of that year.
However, over the summer Richard signed to WARP and Phlegm was dropped.
My efforts turned to his next release; Selected Ambient Works Volume 2.

As I did not have a computer at the time I was kindly allowed to play on Jon Clayton's Macintosh Quadra. 
Jon later went on to create the artwork for Mike & Rich, Expert Knob Twiddlers.
I was a good friend of Jon's having met him, like Richard, at Kingston Polytechnic... I wonder how Jon is these days?

Tracklist:
Side A - Phlegm
Sibe B - Come on you slags / P Strings

• Like 3

the soundcloud track titles may sometimes look arbitrary, or even improvised, but here is solid proof that p-string has always been called p-string. think of what that implies for some of the other tracks.

i'm willing to bet "Phlegm" is actually Radiator from the Peel Session. exactly the same sound, era, and fits the name just right. i've got a gut feeling.

Ended up here after looking through that insta: https://lannerchronicle.wordpress.com/2021/01/02/phlegm-ep-under-construction/

Nicely put together, but I wish that blog was searchable/organised in some way! Seems to only show you posts in most recent order...or am I missing something?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

been listening to the recent Peel Session release and now i'm 100% sure that "Phlegm" is the radiator original mix. if there was ever solid proof, it's having both of those tracks (Phlegm and p-string) appear together on a big release that got scrapped, then appearing together when it was time to play unreleased goodies on live radio.

also - just listen to it! that track is phlegmy af

Well, Rich gave it a title ´harmonicom 13´ like he titled ´Radiator´ as ´harmonicom´, so dunno why he wouldn't have used phlegm instead. Obviously, I don't know shit, but just thinking out loud here...:dry:

• 2 months later...