IGNORED

Apparat -- LP5

encym

Damn, been 8 years since The Devil's Walk

Enjoyable single, feels like it's more in Bonobo, Floating Points or Four Tet territory - well produced but a bit more safe in terms of instrumentation and arrangement. His stuff with Modeselektor had a bit of harder edge to it from their input. I really like this personally but I can understand the vibe that it's a bit middle of the road.

Yeah I enjoyed this too. Really feeling the Floating Points vibes. 

Weezer has a Black Album coming out. Are they ripping off Metallica or did Metallica rip off Prince?

Is Apparat even IDM? It seems like the track Minors by Tortoise was the only inspiration for his whole discography.

Yeah you don't use that name for your shit-assed dad-IDM ablum. Honestly Samus and Ridley almost definitely don't give a shit but you gotta pay your respects. This is like Richie Hawtin claiming to be the real Detroit shit, you just don't do it.

• 3 weeks later...

There's no chance of a legal battle as the album is actually untitled/self titled and the LP5 name is unofficial.

I am very curious though if he's taking the piss or is just ignorant

and Apparat, who released Tttrial and Eror, one of the finest Chiastic-likes, before going pop.

• 1 month later...

Archived