IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

24 minutes ago, o00o said:

The mobile theme wastes large amounts of screen space

yes.

just in general. 

8tONqMA.pngHUFNrBc.png

lots of scrolling VS. being able to read lots of info at a glance.

On 6/1/2019 at 1:22 AM, o00o said:

The mobile theme wastes large amounts of screen space:

771D4A6C-B45A-4063-8125-B62CA5348AC1.thumb.jpeg.bc0e7e40c14dbb009637f9335cfb6479.jpegA66D745E-CC2B-4A27-B132-67F176F4149A.thumb.jpeg.e4bf0b2a8a98f0ed7b3099137d134076.jpeg

I marked show filters as well as it’s configured once and almost never used again

I get what you're saying, but some people may want to change those settings from time to time, or for a specific filtering of content to try and find something.

On 6/1/2019 at 1:25 AM, o00o said:

The „showing all content...“ sentence  could be removed as well as it adds no relevant information 

Again, description to remind folks how things are filtered.

On 6/1/2019 at 1:49 AM, bitchroast said:

yes.

just in general. 

8tONqMA.pngHUFNrBc.png

lots of scrolling VS. being able to read lots of info at a glance.

Noted - let me see what I can do specifically with WATMM Classic on mobile views to reduce the wasted space.

On 6/1/2019 at 2:56 AM, o00o said:

footer as well:

EBD78E1E-1388-41B7-ADD0-45B77CCABFC5.thumb.jpeg.1e2ff7ac3ffe1658b3c8ffa64c1e1a02.jpeg

Agreed - I'm triggered also by the "Go to topic listing/Next unread topic" links not lining up...

1 minute ago, oscillik said:

Just got home and fired up watmm, and the theme is all weird now. Lots of weird drop shadow effects that seem unfinished

ApplicationFrameHost_2019-06-03_18-30-18.thumb.png.bbc2e4d68a47a28314689ca50f0d62cb.png

Steam_2019-06-03_18-30-37.thumb.png.54bed5b0573fc2008bb998fe5270d27f.png

In-progress tweaking... hang on!

Anyone else unable to embed YouTube videos from Firefox? It won't do it automatically and I have no idea how to do it manually anymore.

Just had to open Chrome to post a video. :trashbear:

40 minutes ago, manmower said:

Looks like it's something to do with content blocking.

Switched from my custom settings to standard and now it works from Firefox.

So it wasn't the default settings in Firefox, but custom ones?

My mobile theme changed today to white text on black background.  Checked the theme options, and only Tomorrow's Harvest and WATMM After Dark are available.  Can I change it back to blue text on white?

I see the panels at the top now for TH, but how do I go back to the default blue text?

Sorry everyone - something odd happened with the WATMM Classic theme, but I think I managed to sort things out. You can change your theme back via the link at the bottom of the page.

5 hours ago, oscillik said:

Just got home and fired up watmm, and the theme is all weird now. Lots of weird drop shadow effects that seem unfinished

ApplicationFrameHost_2019-06-03_18-30-18.thumb.png.bbc2e4d68a47a28314689ca50f0d62cb.png

Steam_2019-06-03_18-30-37.thumb.png.54bed5b0573fc2008bb998fe5270d27f.png

osc is that Official Warp Purple themed Chrome????

16 hours ago, yekker said:

New mobile design is tight.

Small refinements - I've taken it as far as I could with the built-in theme editor; now I'm going to start digging into the underlying HTML/CSS and templates to make some more improvements as suggested by you guys.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

page number has a line break cause the last page number little square button takes to much space? 

and i still think the football thread should be somewhere else, i mean, that's what a user sees when he clicks general banter... pretty shitty... 

_20190604_162047.JPG

_20190604_162012.JPG

I agree on both cases - let me see about if I can move the Football subforum order around (I think it might be due to it being the only subforum, and may be better off (and more appropriately) to become our first Club on the site?

Out of curiosity, are those screenshots you posted actual size for your device? If I can use your phone's screen size as a benchmark for sizing/adjusting things, I think that might help tweaking the WATMM Classic theme.

The main thing I want to do is get rid of the site logo on mobile (or at least reduce it down to just the icon) and put it in the header instead of taking up that additional space.

On 6/3/2019 at 3:39 PM, auxien said:

osc is that Official Warp Purple themed Chrome????

13 hours ago, oscillik said:

It's just the standard Windows 10 stuff, lad

Inked2019-06-04_16-46-31_LI.thumb.jpg.92c01e92419cea80d91d313bde602ba1.jpg

Warp purple would make a pretty slick mobile theme. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Warp purple would make a pretty slick mobile theme. 

I've actually been planning a WARPComm theme (remember the brown with the 45 degree angle edges and artist colours?) for some time... maybe that's the first one I tackle after WATMM Classic is massaged into goodness...

• Like 1

hey so someone changed the settings between here and the official discord, it's auto posting a link every time anyone posts anything here in any topic, not just new topics. not that anyone really talks in there but still, that's way too much and entirely unnecessary obv

13 hours ago, auxien said:

hey so someone changed the settings between here and the official discord, it's auto posting a link every time anyone posts anything here in any topic, not just new topics. not that anyone really talks in there but still, that's way too much and entirely unnecessary obv

That was me... it was only posting topics from General Banter.

On 6/3/2019 at 11:27 PM, Joyrex said:

Sorry everyone - something odd happened with the WATMM Classic theme, but I think I managed to sort things out. You can change your theme back via the link at the bottom of the page.

Oh cool! Mine switched to Tomorrow's Harvest and was wondering how to change it back.

1 minute ago, milkface said:

Oh cool! Mine switched to Tomorrow's Harvest and was wondering how to change it back.

Yeah, I had to do that when the WATMM Classic theme went tits up for a bit

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joyrex said:

That was me... it was only posting topics from General Banter.

okay, but do you realize what i'm saying? literally every single POST to any topic on watmm is being autoposted to the discord channel. this is ....not good. new TOPICS from any subforum autoposted to discord? cool. makes sense.