IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

17 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Or, would it make more sense to do away with artist subforums and just have it all freeform?

Autechre and aphex subforums have a lot of independent activity going on in them and are worth keeping. The others are pretty deserted. So maybe just keep those two? Adding new artist subforums is a lol. No other artists out there generate any more than one or two threads dedicated to them, do they? 

Literally all images posted by user decibal cooper do not show up for me. Ever. No matter the device. 
I’ve waited a while before speaking out but I’m tired of scrolling past so many black rectangles. Please advise. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2024 at 7:53 AM, Joyrex said:

I’m actually open to the idea, and I think a poll would be the best way to determine which artist(s) would make sense to have a subforum dedicated to them.

Or, would it make more sense to do away with artist subforums and just have it all freeform?

Getting rid of them is an idea because they do sortof hide things from the people that don't visit them. But they are sortof important for the 'identity' of watmm I guess?

I remember when the Artist Subforums first got added, years ago, there was a plan where the posts would still be optionally visible in the main music forum too. Sortof like tags? Chaosmachine was working on it but it never got done iirc. Wonder if you could do that now with tags, the artist subforums just filter to a specific tag (and if you post there, that tag gets added), but the posts also show up in main 'music' forum.

re: having a poll every few years to add a new featured artist: if you did that, you'd also need a process to get rid of them, .e.g any artist subforum that hasn't had new posts for a while gets retired and the posts get released back into the main music forum. Didn't there used to be a cylob subforum? I guess thats what happened.

Or alternatively: just leave everything as it is.

I was just kindof interested in the fact that the featured artists are frozen in time and what that says about us.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 4:11 AM, user said:

Literally all images posted by user decibal cooper do not show up for me. Ever. No matter the device. 
I’ve waited a while before speaking out but I’m tired of scrolling past so many black rectangles. Please advise. 

ONLY that user, nobody else? Is it possible he's linking images to a site you have blacklisted in your adblocker?

On 4/15/2024 at 9:23 PM, Joyrex said:

ONLY that user, nobody else? Is it possible he's linking images to a site you have blacklisted in your adblocker?

Yes!

I disabled all the extensions/addons my browser is running to no avail. After some googling it turns out it's caused by Firefox's tracking protection which I had set to "strict", in standard mode the images load just fine. Very old bug apparently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruising for burgers said:

will we ever be able to share stuff from instagram Joysex?

please lets just not

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

will we ever be able to share stuff from instagram Joysex?

I think it has to do with Insta not supporting the embedding method commonly used.

7 hours ago, chronical said:

please lets just not

Can't say I don't agree...

I'd like a Freud reaction icon for posts that are full of sexual innuendos, tension, horniness, weird posts, dreams, or just as a dumb that's what she said joke. 

It is very important to fix this as soon as possible. I promise I will use at least a couple of times. This will make me a very happy man, and I'll finally have done my part in changing the world for the better.

Thanks in advance. Let me know when it is ready. I know this will bring in a lot of younger hip people that will take vattern into the future, I can almost guarantee it. 

Boob butt vagina penis

• Haha 1
  • Big Brain 1

On 4/10/2024 at 2:29 AM, toaoaoad said:

Autechre and aphex subforums have a lot of independent activity going on in them and are worth keeping. The others are pretty deserted. So maybe just keep those two? Adding new artist subforums is a lol. No other artists out there generate any more than one or two threads dedicated to them, do they? 

i think i should have a subforum dedicated to my greatness.

34 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

I'd like a Freud reaction icon for posts that are full of sexual innuendos, tension, horniness, weird posts, dreams, or just as a dumb that's what she said joke. 

It is very important to fix this as soon as possible. I promise I will use at least a couple of times. This will make me a very happy man, and I'll finally have done my part in changing the world for the better.

Thanks in advance. Let me know when it is ready. I know this will bring in a lot of younger hip people that will take vattern into the future, I can almost guarantee it. 

Boob butt vagina penis

i jerk off to freud literature.

Edited by Wunderbar

@Joyrexsee what happened on the post above? Mr.toad quoted 2 users and then I quoted Mr.toad... my quote got empty... it's weird... needs fixing... pls ASAP AFAIK IMHO, acab... thank you...

drops mic...

also, as someone already mentioned, cookies consent keeps showing up...

Screenshot_20240421-135725.png

7 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

don't u guys get sarcasm? yek was making fun of me u silly goose... :trollface:

:fear:

On 4/20/2024 at 3:54 AM, Joyrex said:

I think it has to do with Insta not supporting the embedding method commonly used.

Can't say I don't agree...

just wanted to share this...

https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE4MTE1NjA3MzIwMzMxMjE2?story_media_id=3348025721135445653_63197031405&igsh=MXMzMzZ3NmQydXFtdQ==

Edited by cruising for burgers