We need a Corgi to enter the race. I guarantee a Corgi candidate's poll ratings would skyrocket over every other candidate's. Not to mention guaranteed to ensure Donnie is a one-term president.

I'm not even joking. After the shit we've endured for the last 2.5 years, no proposition is really considered absurd anymore.

10 hours ago, ambergonk said:

We need a Corgi to enter the race. 

"bark once if you want to go to war with China, bark twice if you need to go take a dump on the lawn"

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, just coming in this thread once and saying if ur not 100% for bernie, you're totally mad and probably have large amounts of capital investments you need to protect.

the rest of them suck so fuckin bad, with a possible exception for warren but she's just reinvented herself as bernie-lite for woke white women libs

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, dr lopez said:

the rest of them suck so fuckin bad, with a possible exception for warren but she's just reinvented herself as bernie-lite for woke white women libs

warren has been warren for a while. she didn't "reinvent herself as bernie lite." her and bernie have been friends because of their like-mindedness for a long time. also their states neighbor.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, dr lopez said:

hey guys, just coming in this thread once and saying if ur not 100% for bernie, you're totally mad and probably have large amounts of capital investments you need to protect.

if you aren't 100% for bernie you're actively trying to destroy the world and are therefore an enemy of humanity and worse than pond scum

7 hours ago, very honest said:

warren has been warren for a while. she didn't "reinvent herself as bernie lite." her and bernie have been friends because of their like-mindedness for a long time. also their states neighbor.

in this campaign she's trying to be bernie lite or at least cater to the lib voters who agree with bernie's general beliefs and ethics but for some reason or another they don't want to vote for him (He's old / a man / doesnt fulfill the checklist of personal characteristics they care about for some reason)

20 hours ago, dr lopez said:

Tulsi is the only other candidate I'd support besides Bernie, although her chances aren't nearly as good as his. I'm done with pretentious, soulless, mediocre corporate lackeys. We need genuine warriors.

2 minutes ago, ambergonk said:

Tulsi is the only other candidate I'd support besides Bernie, although her chances aren't nearly as good as his. I'm done with pretentious, soulless, mediocre corporate lackeys. We need genuine warriors.

tulsi is a total wackadoodle and has a disturbing personal history but she is fine af

4 hours ago, dr lopez said:

in this campaign she's trying to be bernie lite or at least cater to the lib voters who agree with bernie's general beliefs and ethics but for some reason or another they don't want to vote for him (He's old / a man / doesnt fulfill the checklist of personal characteristics they care about for some reason)

not trying to get into a debate, but i should say that i disagree. i think warren is running a really interesting campaign really well. while she is not dumb to the fact that winning will mean appealing to bernie supporters, i don't see her campaign as characterized by that. it seems like only one of many dynamics that warren is paying attention to.

Edited by very honest

19 minutes ago, very honest said:

not trying to get into a debate, but i should say that i disagree. i think warren is running a really interesting campaign really well. while she is not dumb to the fact that winning will mean appealing to bernie supporters, i don't see her campaign as characterized by that. it seems like only one of many dynamics that warren is paying attention to.

if you go to elizabeth warren's website and look under "issues" nowhere does it medicare for all. or even healthcare. i would say that is THE biggest issue of this election and in our country. I'm frankly surprised / but then not surprised that she hasn't figured out "where she stands" on the issue. Esp. as a politician who has taken loads of money from big pharma (problematic)

To me, that's all I need to say no. It is fucking INSANE that we dont have a public healthcare system like everywhere else in the developed world. Anyone who ISN'T automatically campaigning for MCA or nationalized healthcare is a fucking disgusting part of the problem. End of. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dr lopez said:

if you go to elizabeth warren's website and look under "issues" nowhere does it medicare for all. or even healthcare. i would say that is THE biggest issue of this election and in our country. I'm frankly surprised / but then not surprised that she hasn't figured out "where she stands" on the issue. Esp. as a politician who has taken loads of money from big pharma (problematic)

To me, that's all I need to say no. It is fucking INSANE that we dont have a public healthcare system like everywhere else in the developed world. Anyone who ISN'T automatically campaigning for MCA or nationalized healthcare is a fucking disgusting part of the problem. End of. 

that is interesting. i think it's for a good reason. healthcare is one of the big issues, and warren has plans for almost everything except that. this is strategic. warren doesn't stake herself to one solution or another on the really difficult issues, like immigration and healthcare. i appreciate that. when trying to solve really difficult problems, it makes sense not to enter the conversation with demands, by staking out a position that presents difficulties to others. you would want to approach the task of solving the problem in a receptive way, so that you can collaborate with the other players, and maintain the flexibility that is often crucial to the success of these high-level system architecture choices. it's not an easy issue and the best path forward isn't necessarily apparent. popular plans like single payer, medicare for all, a public option, and fixing ACA all upset different groups for different reasons.

one could argue that those other candidates, acting like they know how to fix this immense, challenging, political issue... and betting that the solution they like is the one that can happen, are the ones acting less serious about the issue.

bernie, asked in the first debate how he would go about achieving medicare for all, answered horribly. he said "When tens of millions of people rise up, that is how it will be possible" (to paraphrase, but that's pretty close). that, to me, was a face-plant for bernie. on the one hand, i like that he alluded to the fact that it's really up to congress to send a passed bill to the white house to sign. that's the elephant in the room at these debates, these dudes all talk about what they would do, and don't mention that they don't have the power to do those things as president. congress has to send them a bill to sign. but, on the other hand, bernie declined to describe what he would do to achieve this lofty ambition of medicare for all. that was disappointing, for me, as a bernie fan. he seemed to falter and fall back on "i have a big following, that's how." i get that he has a decent following, but i don't know if it will deliver him a medicare for all bill.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1