6 minutes ago, very honest said:

deep shame is what trump's ilk have earned themselves, manipulating the less educated for personal gain, in such a reckless and harmful way.

don't forget bagpipes barr, who just got fired!!

Edited by Nebraska
  • Burger 1

13 minutes ago, ignatius said:

^^^ but something like 72% of republicans think trump has hard evidence of voter fraud. so, he's done a lot of damage. 

yeah, for sure. at least he's such a pure buffoon. we can use the trump episode to illustrate arguments about the right. alternate universe trumps that are less obvious would be more harmful and less useful.

Edited by very honest

4 hours ago, very honest said:

idk where to start with that whole thing.

i hope barr rolls on trump. he must know a lot.

big doubt. he's a trump worshipper. just that he refused to sick the justice dept on anyone trump farted towards. barr loves his abuser dearly. 

10 hours ago, yekker said:

Whoa, I mean, that does sound exciting.

and also contradictory. I mean if he stops all food shipments, how are our new Chinese overlords going to eat?

Vlad sent Joe a telegram saying he's ready for some interaction. would've been extra cool if he sent it via telex

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/15/russias-president-putin-congratulates-joe-biden-on-election-victory.html

In his message, Vladimir Putin wished the President-elect every success and expressed confidence that Russia and the United States, which bear special responsibility for global security and stability, can, despite their differences, effectively contribute to solving many problems and meeting challenges that the world is facing today.

The President of Russia noted that with this in mind, Russian-American cooperation, based on the principles of equality and mutual respect, would meet the interests of both nations and the entire international community.

“For my part, I am ready for interaction and contacts with you,” Russia’s Head of State stressed.

biden yelling at civil rights leaders. this guy needs a race whisperer in his cabinet. he doesn't get it. he's still campaigning or something. it's not personal just shut up and listen you old fucking codger. videos like this make me believe he doesn't understand where we are as a country/culture and what needs to happen. 

4 hours ago, zero said:

and also contradictory. I mean if he stops all food shipments, how are our new Chinese overlords going to eat?

They have mastered arcane arts and can survive on Qi alone.

• Like 2

it amazes me how every time a democrat president is elected, there will be republicans going HE'S LITERALLY STALIN & WILL DESTROY AMERICA, even though they just spent four to eight years enduring the other side going HE'S LITERALLY HITLER & WILL DESTROY AMERICA. and vice versa of course

Edited by Cryptowen

the difference is that Trump did put in a best effort attempt to appeal to fascism, overturn the will of the people (including directly pressuring officials to ignore election results which is way above and beyond stupid lawsuits) and appeal to violent gangs to 'stand back and stand by'.  There is no equivalent coming from the left. There is 'antifa', which is mostly an idea and not any kind of real organization and there aren't elected officials affiliated with any kind of group like that.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ignatius said:

I was just reading about this over on NPR, who give even more disturbing details about this truly insane incident. this is mental illness, no doubt, to believe a random air conditioning repair man was at the center of a massive vote fraud scheme:

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/16/946995614/ex-houston-police-officer-charged-in-attack-over-bogus-election-fraud-plot

The suspect, Mark Anthony Aguirre, told police he was part of a group of private citizens investigating claims of the massive fraud allegedly funded by Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and involving election ballots forged by Hispanic children.

Aguirre and two other unidentified companions with the Liberty Center watched the victim for four days prior to the Oct. 19 attack, according to police records. They were convinced that there were 750,000 fraudulent ballots in the man's vehicle and home.

Aguirre said the victim was using Hispanic children to sign the ballots because children's fingerprints wouldn't appear on any database, according to the affidavit. He also claimed Facebook's founder gave $9.37 billion for "ballot harvesting."

When police searched the victim's truck, only air-conditioner parts and tools were found. No ballots were discovered in the truck or in the man's home.

• Burger 1

On 12/14/2020 at 5:04 PM, ignatius said:

^^^ but something like 72% of republicans think trump has hard evidence of voter fraud. so, he's done a lot of damage. 

I hope one day they will be able to reconcile the thought that Trump has hard evidence of voter fraud, however he has for some odd reason chosen to forgo using it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Upset man said:

Not even kidding. Does anyone know realistic ways for an average loser to leave their country? Asking for a friend...

when the borders are open it's easy to go to mexico. you just need to pick the right destination and means of travel. every country is different. getting to EU or canada might tough if you don't have  employment lined up. some places you can keep extending a travel visa and find under the table work picking apples and stuff like that to survive. i met a guy who got work pulling logs out of ditches in the Yukon. that was his path in i guess. but he was super intense and fit and stubborn as fuck. he stayed and has a normal job/life there now.  

student visa might work if you go back to school and get into some program in the country of choice. 

i don't have personal experience w/this stuff but over the years have met/talked to people who do. 

Oh yeah. One of my republican relatives the other day who "believes" that Trump does have hard evidence, because pissed after seeing that they keep using all this anecdotal evidence. So he said since they have all this evidence they need to use it as whatever strategy they are using now is costing Trump his "real win". So I suppose there is hope that in a month half of them will realize there never was hard evidence.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that for my relative it is still about the evidence. So when all this hard evidence is never presented, eventually will realize it was a lie or at least overexaggerated.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

Oh yeah. One of my republican relatives the other day who "believes" that Trump does have hard evidence, because pissed after seeing that they keep using all this anecdotal evidence. So he said since they have all this evidence they need to use it as whatever strategy they are using now is costing Trump his "real win". So I suppose there is hope that in a month half of them will realize there never was hard evidence.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that for my relative it is still about the evidence. So when all this hard evidence is never presented, eventually will realize it was a lie or at least overexaggerated.

This psychological phenomenon seems similar to leaving a cult, Scientology for instance. They have invested so much of themselves and their belief system, that admitting they have been deceived is just too much for some, especially if they see it as an affront to their pride, intelligence, they wasted their money, fractured or lost personal relationships, etc etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I went into a local grocery store today here in Texas. Last time I was there, maybe 50-60 percent of people were wearing masks... today I would say maybe 20-30%. And yes it is still mandatory, but it's hard to make 2 out of 3 customers do something if they don't want to.

13 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

This psychological phenomenon seems similar to leaving a cult, Scientology for instance. They have invested so much of themselves and their belief system, that admitting they have been deceived is just too much for some, especially if they see it as an affront to their pride, intelligence, they wasted their money, fractured or lost personal relationships, etc etc.

Edit: re-reading this I realize it sounds like I'm saying it's a given for every conservative, tho it definitely is a common occurrence, enough to make it obvious what is going on in those instances. I have lied and said I was a 'moderate conservative' in several instances. 

Oh yeah, agreed. Living in south east Texas, being a conservative isn't much different than liking football or watching Nascar or whatever. It is kind of a cultural given, and if you are white, people will assume you are conservative until you tell them otherwise. So not agreeing with the current conservative consensus is frowned upon. I know of incidents where people were laid off because they weren't conservative, even if they could do the job somewhat better than the other guy who is conservative. If you need to lay off a few people, generally liberals were laid off more often in these instances. They prefered to be around like minded co-workers even if they didn't hate or dislike them entirely.

People don't necessarily hate you for being a liberal or a centrist, but they will prefer to not be around you or work with you if the other choice is someone like them. And it will ALWAYS be the elephant in the room on Thanksgiving. I had an excuse not to go this year, but everytime I do when politics is brought up, I am always the stand in for the liberal agenda even if I don't say a word.

Anyway just venting frustrations here. Can't wait to move some day.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Confused 1