37 minutes ago, cern said:

I would never vote for someone like Trump but I still think it is very wrong to try to kill the guy. 
Security was also a total mess!

I read this and in my mind it was in Trump's voice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

9 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

If re-elected, Trump could possibly pick 5 of the 9 SCOTUS members, that can't be allowed to happen.

Yeah, any further deteroration of the court could be devastating. We really lucked out with how Gorsuch ruled on Bostock, I don't think we'd be so lucky with another appointment

• Like 2

You lot do realize we're in another situation where the Vice President will preside over the counting of their own electoral votes, like Al Gore did in 2000. The GOP will undoubtedly claim fraud.

Not if Trump wins, if he doesn't they're going to call fraud no matter who the candidate is.

• Like 2

How can Kamala Harris possibly pull this one out the bag?, She's losing in every poll, hasn't really proved herself in any capacity as Vice President.  I'm backing neither her or Trump, I  just find it hilarious how money can stir on anything, it's sort of funny when Reality surpasses fiction in it's absolute ridiculousness.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

You lot do realize we're in another situation where the Vice President will preside over the counting of their own electoral votes, like Al Gore did in 2000. The GOP will undoubtedly claim fraud.

If they lose, there's absolutely nothing that could've been done to prevent them from claiming fraud.

This again goes back to my theory that a large chunk of Trump's base (and the chuds they have subsequently elected) did not by-and-large participate much in the political system in the past because they don't trust the system.  For someone who doesn't trust the system, they'll stay mum if they win of course but if they lose, well, the system is rigged again.

You can't win against these people, even with a bandolier full of easy-to-verify facts.  "Rigged" is their default setting.

The only way to get things somewhat back to normal is for these people to have no candidates to support, then hopefully they'll crawl back into their lairs and just mutter to their spouses / family / neighbors about how much the system is rigged instead of going out and voting that sentiment.

Sure, these people have always existed, but it seems that they've grown in number in the past few decades and I really wonder why.  I'm sure the widening wealth gap is a major contributing factor.  It's easy for not-so-bright normies working hard day in and day out, seeing their savings and purchasing power stagnate while the rich get richer, to postulate that the whole system is rigged.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, arti said:

How can Kamala Harris possibly pull this one out the bag?, She's losing in every poll, hasn't really proved herself in any capacity as Vice President.  I'm backing neither her or Trump, I  just find it hilarious how money can stir on anything, it's sort of funny when Reality surpasses fiction in it's absolute ridiculousness.

things she's got going for her:

• right sort of age, Trump now looks very old
  • physically fit (think about how Hilarys age, Trumps age, Bidens age has been talking point for last few elections. Remember that footage of hilary (apparently) fainting and being bundled into a van?)
  • now Biden is out, Dems can campaign about Trumps mental decline etc
  • Wildcard candidate, instead of a long boring primary she's just dropped in. Surprise!
  • Which means she's different from the sort of person that would normally win a primary (boring, safe option usually)
  • She's a prosecutor and Trump is a perpetrator (she's already made that point)
  • Interesting demographic - female/black/asian
  • Trump campaign were not expecting/prepared for this, e.g. JD Vance might not have been their vice pick had they known

Yep she's behind in polls but much better chance than Biden

You're right she didn't make much impact as vice but that might have been internal dem shenanigans, e.g. Bidens team would have wanted to keep her sidelined to suppress the idea that he might be too old etc. She will have been fighting internal headwinds but now with all the dems behind her she might come accross different.

edit: a poll done since Sunday puts her 2% ahead https://www.reuters.com/world/us/harris-leads-trump-44-42-us-presidential-race-reutersipsos-poll-finds-2024-07-23/

Edited by zazen
  • Like 5

32 minutes ago, EdamAnchorman said:

If they lose, there's absolutely nothing that could've been done to prevent them from claiming fraud.

This again goes back to my theory that a large chunk of Trump's base (and the chuds they have subsequently elected) did not by-and-large participate much in the political system in the past because they don't trust the system.  For someone who doesn't trust the system, they'll stay mum if they win of course but if they lose, well, the system is rigged again.

You can't win against these people, even with a bandolier full of easy-to-verify facts.  "Rigged" is their default setting.

The only way to get things somewhat back to normal is for these people to have no candidates to support, then hopefully they'll crawl back into their lairs and just mutter to their spouses / family / neighbors about how much the system is rigged instead of going out and voting that sentiment.

Sure, these people have always existed, but it seems that they've grown in number in the past few decades and I really wonder why.  I'm sure the widening wealth gap is a major contributing factor.  It's easy for not-so-bright normies working hard day in and day out, seeing their savings and purchasing power stagnate while the rich get richer, to postulate that the whole system is rigged.

Best case scenario; Johnson loses the House, Jeffries becomes Speaker on Jan. 3rd, Harris wins the general election, and as President of the Senate ratifies the electoral votes on Jan. 6th, the Electoral Count Act strengthened the procedures to a formality. The Capitol will be fortified to ensure a peaceful transfer of power, people at Waffle Houses nationwide revolt, then go home and pass out from a diabetes food coma.

• Haha 1
  • Big Brain 1

6 minutes ago, decibal cooper said:

trump says he willing to debate harris

Reveal hidden contents

What's so appealing about the Michael Jackson Popcorn GIF?

That will be a disaster.  On both sides.  Trump enhances reality to extreme lengths and I've yet to see Harris hold herself in any debate.   Bring it on I guess.

Just now, arti said:

That will be a disaster.  On both sides.  Trump enhances reality to extreme lengths and I've yet to see Harris hold herself in any debate.   Bring it on I guess.

it'll most likely be entertaining at the very least - i honestly do not know if the national televised debates really have that much impact or sways the voting public in any meaningful way (unless of course it is a complete train wreck that makes the candidate's entire party force him out like with biden). I cannot see harris performing that badly, although I agree with you: when she was running for president she got roughed up pretty bad rhetorically by tulsi gabbard. She also called biden a racist in those 2020 debates lol. Maybe the dems have her working with a speech coach and public relations coach to warn her against taking any strong identity politics stances on the debate stage. That was one of the things that did hilary in, the basket of deplorables stuff.

• Like 1

Can’t wait for the trump vs harris debate!!! That shit will be better than a season of seinfeld! 
i mean political system in the most powerful country in the world and all this charade we’ve been watching was quite sickeningly hilarious; humor is all we are left with unfortunately 

Edited by xox
  • Like 3
  • Burger 1

1 hour ago, EdamAnchorman said:

Sure, but unfortunately these people are now able to reach a much larger crowd via all sorts of social media and agree with each other on stupid nonsensical bullshit. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Squee said:

Sure, but unfortunately these people are now able to reach a much larger crowd via all sorts of social media and agree with each other on stupid nonsensical bullshit. 

Agree, but hopefully this movement would peter out eventually with no candidates to vote for.  These people may be motivated but when things aren't easy, I'm guessing they're not the most resourceful bunch.

2 hours ago, arti said:

She might though. If you can believe this guy.

Personally, I'm still on the fence though. There's a lot of wishful thinking in the (anti-Trump) media. As if Harris is the second coming of Obama, or something. I hope she'll get there. I really do. But I'm not convinced it'll happen. Trump will be willing to pull any rabbit out of is hat. If only to keep his cheap ass out of the courtrooms. And I have trouble believing people will vote. I will though. Even if the polls turn out hopeless - which is to be seen - I'm not going to waste my vote and give Trump a walk in the park to another term.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Squee said:

i agree

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, arti said:

image.thumb.png.bcfd2de7b248201cde230617db8eeba7.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

Last week vs this week 

IMG_7458.jpeg

I can’t find the difference! 😕

• Haha 2

This election has been like a Tarantino film, 2 hours of boring talking, then everything goes to shit in the 3rd act, with a Shyamalan twist, Biden was dead the whole time!  🇺🇸 

IMG_7591.gif

• Haha 1