1 minute ago, Nebraska said:

i'm almost willing to say it's game over. sharpiro would've been the "colorful" choice, but a progressive pick with (no current baggage) is the nightmare scenario for the republicans.

I also read that Shapiro did volunteer work for Israel's defense forces after college (in Israel) and then worked for one of their PR firms in DC after that.

2 hours ago, EdamAnchorman said:

Dang, I was hoping for an astronaut VP.

i don't think the dems wanted to fuck up the arizona senate situation

• Like 3

It was Walz who coined the very effective 'theyre just weird' line

“I think this is going back to the bread and butter: getting away from this division ... We do not like what has happened, when you can’t even go to Thanksgiving dinner with your uncle because you end up in some weird fight that is unnecessary . . . It’s true: These guys are just weird. They are running for he-man women haters club or something.”

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, zazen said:

These guys are just weird.

Not convinced picking Walz was the right call, but this was strong. Maybe he can add some extra generic white guy magic next to Harris. Calling the Trump/Vance ticket out for being weirdos might be the right call. If I could pick between having an uncle like Trump or Walz, I'd pick Walz. He's the less weird option you could trust your daughter to.

Edited by Satans Little Helper
  • Like 2

he ticks all the kinds of boxes you'd want for a VP pick...not harming the ticket as a whole with skeletons/lack of experience/whatever, not harming the constituency (/electoral map) they're coming from if elected, being a vetted winner/fundraiser, being able to be a bulldog in place of the top of the ticket when that's called for, shoring up support among voters/demographics the top is lacking, etc.

what i'm seeing of Walz so far lines up well.

Edited by auxien
clarifying summary statement
  • Like 3

this is really going to bring that old man energy that has been sorely lacking the past couple of weeks

Edited by exitonly
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Farnsworth 2

he seems like a pretty reasonable dude. common sense type. midwest vibes. down to earth. pragmatic.. "calm down it'll be fine" type dad vibe or something.  seems to have a healthy sense of humor and no panic over small things. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ignatius said:

he seems like a pretty reasonable dude. common sense type. midwest vibes. down to earth. pragmatic.. "calm down it'll be fine" type dad vibe or something.  seems to have a healthy sense of humor and no panic over small things. 

yeah i’m mostly joking. he’s probably fine

35 minutes ago, exitonly said:

this is really going to bring that old man energy that has been sorely lacking the past couple of weeks

big T is now using jedi mind tricks on biden in hopes they can both forget the last couple of weeks and go back to the good ol' days when they were both unpopular

iCfoT4A.png

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/112916846922600265

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Burger 1

12 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

big T is now using jedi mind tricks on biden in hopes they can both forget the last couple of weeks and go back to the good ol' days when they were both unpopular

iCfoT4A.png

Do Americans call him Big T? Please say yes! That's made my night. 

8 minutes ago, Echolalia said:

I'd like to take this opportunity to ruin your night

31 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

iCfoT4A.png

if the whole ruining democracy thing doesn’t work out maybe he can get a gig writing alternate history fanfic

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Echolalia said:

he called himself that. he once also claimed (in a speech) that some women called him big T, then (later) tried to claim it stood for big tech (maybe he was referring to his technical finesse in the bedroom(?) e.g. trump is big technical in carnal knowledge, then later trying to recant this persona when he realized it might not appeal too much in the political arena)

Edited by Nebraska

more people know him as tfg. while he was president, it meant That Fucking Guy. after he was forced to leave the white house, it became The Former Guy, because he was trying to act like he was still the president and not the former president. his trolls at fox and in the GOP toyed with following his lead on that insanity, trying to avoid calling biden president or acknowledging that biden is president, and calling trump president rather than former president. over time, most of those fucks relented on that. hard to formulate in words how offensive it is for such unserious, immoral, deceitful, manipulative assholes to further that affront and attack on the system that so many have died to defend and worked to build. it is a disgusting height of human depravity. 

Edited by may be rude

Man Walz was phenomenal in that speech

2 hours ago, Nebraska said:

iCfoT4A.png

He’s losing it lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hi Guys said:

Man Walz was phenomenal in that speech

He’s losing it lol

the walz speech was good yeah. i was glad it ended when it did though!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nebraska said:

iCfoT4A.png

Sugar Walz got him upset. 

3 hours ago, exitonly said:

if the whole ruining democracy thing doesn’t work out maybe he can get a gig writing alternate history fanfic

He could insult you at the local fair. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Nebraska said:

iCfoT4A.png

I feel embarrassed that this is a candidate for the position of the most powerful person in the world.

3 hours ago, Nebraska said:

Ok never mind the useful idiots, but is that an actual fucking news report on Sky? Like what the fuck.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, auxien said:

he ticks all the kinds of boxes you'd want for a VP pick...not harming the ticket as a whole with skeletons/lack of experience/whatever, not harming the constituency (/electoral map) they're coming from if elected, being a vetted winner/fundraiser, being able to be a bulldog in place of the top of the ticket when that's called for, shoring up support among voters/demographics the top is lacking, etc.

what i'm seeing of Walz so far lines up well.

All of that, plus, as Ignatius pointed out here, he has a solid progressive record and the ability to get bills passed (that bulldog feature you mentioned I guess).

If you don't elect him down there, we'd take him up here in Canada.

• Like 4