IGNORED

Favourite productions (songs/tracks)

Zephyr_Nova

This is the thread for posting your sonic bliss.

Radiohead - Myxomatosis does it for me.  Those rubbery distorted synths spread in stereo sound massive, especially with the bass and guitar in unison.  And then the whole thing opens up even more with the pads.  What can I say - I'm a sucker for the wall of sound.  But it's the uniqueness of that bendy synth that really catches my ear, along with that infectious and hypnotic drum groove that keeps things grounded down the centre.  10/10 perfect production.

• Like 1

Lamb's Anger IS an excellent sounding album.

Family Galaxy off Tim Exile's Listening Tree album is a a manic production that appeals to my ADD nature.  The way the production gradually morphs along with the beats could not have been better executed.  The whole album's quite stunning:

I was listening to that album just last week. My fave Stereolab production is probably Spacemoth.  It's one of the finest musical arrangements from any band I've heard in the last 20 years.  i think Morricone himself would be impressed:

The vocal treatment in that Gary Newman song is nuts!  Really unusual.

That's a nice looking collection Chim - Massive Attack, Les Baxter and Godspeed are all pretty reliable for me.  Will check out the others when it's not 3:15am.

• Like 1

Stereolab! This is turning into a lowkey SABP thread.

I wouldn't usually call a song with a midi piano a good production. But this is so well mixed

I love how they blew up original Mancini track out of proportion in this one. Clean roomy percussion is such a pleasure. 

This isn't a loud track per se but it needs to be loud to really appreciate the nuances... Typical of excellent production. The whole album is a masterclass in recording and production technique. 

22 hours ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

if we're talking fav mixing / mastering production, late 70s production is where its at. seems to be the best mix of warmth and clarity. i know this is hardly an original sentiment lol. just pick any steely dan or yes song from that era and each song is a case study.

• 10 months later...

Love this arrangement.  Two features of the production that get my ears all hot and bothered are the crazy guitar blasts that somehow also sound like a trumpet, and the low octave backing vocal on the second verse.  It's like listening to stubble.

• 2 weeks later...

This:

The sound is so full and clear, like the music is telling you "play me fucking loud", and the stereo soundscape is phenomenal. plus the liberal use of samples for a "metal" band in 92 was pretty off the fucking wall. I love the shit out of this album.

On 1/15/2021 at 2:33 PM, xox said:

Always nice to see some appreciation for this one. I think it gets overshadowed by other Quaristice tracks especially the ones with multiple versions. It definitely belongs in this thread, such beautiful production and arrangement of sounds. It's one of their best ambient tracks imo and during the Quaristice era it was my falling asleep music -- too bad it didn't get an extended version! 

Edited by toaoaoad
  • Like 1