IGNORED

Israeli-Palestinian conflict

zlemflolia

Jared Kushner says Gaza’s ‘waterfront property could be very valuable’
Donald Trump’s son-in-law also says Israel should bulldoze an area of the Negev desert and move Palestinians there.

Donald Trump GIF by NowThis

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/19/jared-kushner-gaza-waterfront-property-israel-negev

• Facepalm 3
  • Burger 1

2 hours ago, ARPA said:

Jared Kushner says Gaza’s ‘waterfront property could be very valuable’
Donald Trump’s son-in-law also says Israel should bulldoze an area of the Negev desert and move Palestinians there.

Donald Trump GIF by NowThis

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/19/jared-kushner-gaza-waterfront-property-israel-negev

jfc these people.  psychopaths. 

• Like 2

Not sure if this will embed correctly, never seem to have luck with twitter links, but it is from Edward Snowden's twitter account, a little thread with video of an IDF drone targeting and killing of four unarmed Palestinians. I watched the vid, it's unreal. Target locks in, and then the person walking turns into a cloud of smoke, immediately obliterated. You only see the smoke, though, there is no prolonged gore. Snowden's commentary is very good, and also kind of frightening given the implications he raises:

https://x.com/Snowden/status/1770936325996155290?s=20

31 minutes ago, decibal cooper said:

Not sure if this will embed correctly, never seem to have luck with twitter links, but it is from Edward Snowden's twitter account, a little thread with video of an IDF drone targeting and killing of four unarmed Palestinians. I watched the vid, it's unreal. Target locks in, and then the person walking turns into a cloud of smoke, immediately obliterated. You only see the smoke, though, there is no prolonged gore. Snowden's commentary is very good, and also kind of frightening given the implications he raises:

https://x.com/Snowden/status/1770936325996155290?s=20

saw it on instagram. they're legit targeting and killing civilians w/drones. 

"The United States has been working in earnest with Council members over the last several weeks on a Resolution that will unequivocally support ongoing diplomatic efforts aimed at securing an immediate ceasefire in Gaza as part of a hostage deal, which would get hostages released and help enable a surge in humanitarian aid," Evans said. "After many rounds of consultations with the Security Council, we will be bringing this Resolution for a vote on Friday morning," he said. 

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/israel-hamas-war-gaza-news-03-21-24/h_0d94d248a5565990e8ea19e8bca90248

some hints of US movement towards supporting a ceasefire which might actually make some waves with Netanyahu, along with US moves to degrade his hold on power. might be the first real steps towards some negotiations/ceasefire.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, auxien said:

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/israel-hamas-war-gaza-news-03-21-24/h_0d94d248a5565990e8ea19e8bca90248

some hints of US movement towards supporting a ceasefire which might actually make some waves with Netanyahu, along with US moves to degrade his hold on power. might be the first real steps towards some negotiations/ceasefire.

Right in the nick of time.

9 minutes ago, EdamAnchorman said:
13 hours ago, auxien said:

Right in the nick of time.

it got vetoed this morning by Russia & China. reasoning was due to the inclusion of language requiring Hamas to release all hostages, whereas previous ceasefire resolutions (supported by most except the US) have been unconditional.

23 minutes ago, auxien said:

it got vetoed this morning by Russia & China. reasoning was due to the inclusion of language requiring Hamas to release all hostages, whereas previous ceasefire resolutions (supported by most except the US) have been unconditional.

They are reaping the geopolitical gains from the fallout of this brutality, so why would they support a ceasefire?

In Palestine they are well aware that no country in the world actually gives a toss about them

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ivan Ooze said:

65145045-11491815-image-m-44_1669921281748.jpg.a60072f966d315c8efd8345760f8dfd6.jpg

Not sure if Ye intended it as performance art, but his Alex Jones interview was for me the highlight of that year in terms of video entertainment. I remember laughing my ass off pretty much the whole time, although things no doubt got a little dicey when Ye began praising hitler, which is absurd and a bad look for anyone even a well-loved celeb. Cannot seem to find the video anymore on teh internet, bet it is still up on rumble or some other place, though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Walter Ostanek said:

In Palestine they are well aware that no country in the world actually gives a toss about them

One theme I hear repeated a lot by political analysts is that the common people or citizens of a lot of Muslim countries in that area really do care about the people there, same with other countries throughout the world, but that the elites/leaders in those countries do not really care that much so long as the situation does not impact their country's security and bottom line.

9 minutes ago, Walter Ostanek said:

They are reaping the geopolitical gains from the fallout of this brutality, so why would they support a ceasefire?

America is reaping plenty of rewards both monetarily and in terms of our power dominance. i’m not saying this is good, just pointing it out…lots of parties have much to gain from these conflicts. whatever side of things you’re on, if you’re cashing some checks, a lot of powerful people are happy. 

and the deaths of children don’t matter to those powerful people. world keeps spinning & their influence + bank accts grow, that’s all that matters to them. 

• Like 2

there's been a few small pieces popping up about the israel lobby doing stuff and digging in deeper with congress.. and they're already pretty deep with some. not to mention on college campuses and stuff. curious to see how their influence helps shape the coming elections. what messaging will evolve from all this. 

it's all pretty fucked up. 

been meaning to get around to this book for a while. might be interesting read in these enshitified times. 

https://www.powells.com/book/ornament-of-the-world-9780316168717

Ornament of the World: How Muslims, Jews, and Christians Created a Culture of Tolerance in Medieval Spain

This enthralling history, widely hailed as a revelation of a "lost" golden age, brings to vivid life the rich and thriving culture of "al-Andalus, " the kingdom in medieval Spain where, for more than seven centuries, Muslims, Jews, and Christians lived together in an atmosphere of tolerance, and literature, science, and the arts flourished.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, auxien said:

America is reaping plenty of rewards both monetarily and in terms of our power dominance. i’m not saying this is good, just pointing it out…lots of parties have much to gain from these conflicts. whatever side of things you’re on, if you’re cashing some checks, a lot of powerful people are happy. 

and the deaths of children don’t matter to those powerful people. world keeps spinning & their influence + bank accts grow, that’s all that matters to them. 

The yanks benefit immensely from Israel's existence, it's a nice little toehold from which to play geopolitical chess in the ME, though I don't see any material benefit accruing to the US from Bibi's latest escapade in unmatched brutality. They want an Israel that keeps Iran in check, not an Israel that dents their own credibility.

Whereas russia and china have a lot to gain from the continued outrage

3 hours ago, decibal cooper said:

One theme I hear repeated a lot by political analysts is that the common people or citizens of a lot of Muslim countries in that area really do care about the people there, same with other countries throughout the world, but that the elites/leaders in those countries do not really care that much so long as the situation does not impact their country's security and bottom line.

That's it in a nutshell. The Gulf sheikhs throw them the odd bone, and undoubtedly help with negotiations, but it never amounts to anything substantial. Why would any state offer any *actual* help the Palestinians? They're poor. They have nothing to offer in return. (By Israel's design)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Walter Ostanek said:

The yanks benefit immensely from Israel's existence, it's a nice little toehold from which to play geopolitical chess in the ME, though I don't see any material benefit accruing to the US from Bibi's latest escapade in unmatched brutality. They want an Israel that keeps Iran in check, not an Israel that dents their own credibility.

Whereas russia and china have a lot to gain from the continued outrage

the existence of Israel is the main goal for sure, for exactly the reasons you mention. we're also skimming some income via numerous arms sales to Israel, which has been in hundreds of millions, if not billions, under Biden's admin...i'm sure a good chunk of that has been since October, so there's at least those 'material' benefits of the war. US has been doing this for decades all around the world of course.

15 minutes ago, Walter Ostanek said:

do we live in a timeline where you can admit to war crimes on reddit?

Hide contents

image.png.d329fe2b77452763a8dfed51be8112f5.png

some american idiot in congress said "gaza should be treated like hiroshima and nagasaki"