IGNORED

Israeli-Palestinian conflict

according to the israelis:

Far-left commentator Briahna Joy Gray, who has repeatedly sought to cast doubt on the sexual violence perpetrated against Israeli women during the Hamas-led terror onslaught, announced Friday that she has been fired from The Hill where she co-hosted its morning news talk show “Rising.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/far-left-us-pundit-who-rolled-eyes-at-hostages-sister-axed-by-the-hill/

according to everyone else:

• Like 2

israel made an Oct 7th "experience" or theme park or exhibit or something and there's a gift shop. 

• Facepalm 2

5 hours ago, ignatius said:

israel made an Oct 7th "experience" or theme park or exhibit or something and there's a gift shop. 

What in the actual fucking fuck.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Netanyahu's wife warns that Israeli military and families of the hostages taken by Hamas maybe trying to oust Benjamin with a coup ?

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2024-06-25/ty-article/.premium/netanyahus-wife-tells-hostage-families-idf-chiefs-want-to-stage-coup-against-her-husband/00000190-4f8c-d8cb-a19d-4fcf448c0000

• Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 1

https://www.axios.com/2024/06/27/us-israel-bombs-release-shipment-biden

breaking out the 500 pounders ?

The Biden administration is expected to soon release 500-lb. bombs that were part of a weapons shipment to Israel put on hold in April over U.S. concerns about the Israel Defense Forces' military operation in Rafah, one U.S. and one Israeli official told Axios.

The big picture: The move suggests the U.S. is now less concerned about Israel possibly using these bombs in Gaza and that the White House wants to decrease some of the tension between President Biden and Israel's supporters over his decision to withhold this specific shipment.

• Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...

Israeli airstrikes hit a school used by displaced Palestinians in central Gaza on Saturday, killing at least 30 people including several children, as the country's negotiators prepared to meet international mediators about a proposed cease-fire.

Seven children and seven women were among the dead taken from the girls’ school in Deir al-Balah to Al Aqsa Hospital. Israel’s military said it targeted a Hamas command center used to direct attacks against Israeli troops and store “large quantities of weapons." Hamas called the military's claim false.

Civil defense workers in Gaza said thousands had been sheltering in the school, which also contained a medical site. Associated Press journalists saw a dead toddler in an ambulance and bodies covered with blankets. Shattered walls gaped and classrooms were in ruins. People searched the rubble strewn with pillows and other signs of habitation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/an-israeli-airstrike-hits-a-school-sheltering-people-in-gaza-killing-at-least-30-including-children/ar-BB1qKgYm

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Hail Sagan said:

Turns out the soccer field was just a soccer field. No ranking IDF members, munitions, etc. 

I’ve seen it referred to as “occupied golan heights”. Hezbollah still hasn’t claimed responsibility. If not them then who? 

it seems most of the rockets fired at Israel are without much intended accuracy. Usually it’s hundreds of rockets right? Mostly all get intercepted. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ignatius said:

I’ve seen it referred to as “occupied golan heights”. Hezbollah still hasn’t claimed responsibility. If not them then who? 

it seems most of the rockets fired at Israel are without much intended accuracy. Usually it’s hundreds of rockets right? Mostly all get intercepted. 

Sky news UK reported this immediately. Ignore every Israeli bloodbath. 

Edited by Crazing
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Crazing said:

Sky news UK reported this immediately. Ignore every Israeli bloodbath. 

Anything to further justify the carnage to the international community. It got a lot of coverage here too. “Most deadly attack since October 7th”. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Facepalm 2

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20240729-israel-blowing-up-of-drinking-water-reservoir-crime-against-humanity-rafah-municipality/

Haarets also covered this

Also Erdogan in Turkey apparently threatening to send in troops to help Palestinians: https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/turkeys-erdogan-issues-open-threat-to-invade-israel/

Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan threatens to invade Israel in support of the Palestinians.

“We must be very strong so that Israel can’t do these things to Palestine,” says Erdogan, one of the most bitter critics of Israel on the international stage, referring to the war against Hamas in Gaza.

He maybe only posturing, but I have heard interviews with retired US military professionals saying that Erdogan wants to position himself in this decade as the leading Muslim nation in that region.

I also watched the Netanyahu address at congress last week. I felt very strongly like I would begin vomiting while watching, but I really had to hold it back, because it was like if I started vomiting, even a little bit, that I would not be able to stop vomiting, just unable to stop. I guess this is probably what american citizenship means means nowadays, unrelenting nausea. Not sure how anyone can watch something like that address and still believe that america is not an authoritarian country and that it still has any claims to being a democracy.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

Forced religion is a cancer plagued on humanity

indeed. religious fundamentalism in all its forms is a disaster.. 

This is much better than that hawk thua forced meme

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/jul/30/deep-moral-deterioration-is-being-normalised-in-the-israeli-palestinian-conflict

Israeli military raided an IDF base known as Sde Taimon, which this article describes as a 'Gauntanamo-like detention center' and they arrested nine IDF soldiers accused of severe torture and sexual abuse of a Hamas combatant. At this point, 200 Israelis, some of them elected officials there, raided the base in protest (they apparently were protesting that the IDF soldiers were being arrested):

The left-leaning Israeli daily Haaretz described Monday’s events as evidence of a “deep moral deterioration that has developed during the long years of the occupation … along with the loosening of the rules and restraints”.

If Erdogan gonna bomb Israel and Israel bombs Turkey.. What then? Turkey is a NATO Country. 
This getting nastier 

• Like 2