IGNORED

Lone - Galaxy Garden

Guest ruiagnelo

Guest W32MyDoom

I like this so far the most out of any lone release. But if I had a dollar for every time he sounded like 808 state I'd have a lot of dollars.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pure bliss. Pre-Ordered the 12" from Bleep and will be purchasing any Lone swag I can get my hands on.

Dragon Blue Eyes..........................ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Why do they announce this stuff so far in advance of the release date? It's just impossible.

Holy fuckin fuck

Yeah!!! I think it's my favorite track on the album at this point, but it's all good.

It actually makes me want to give machinedrum another try.

Holy fuckin fuck

Yeah!!! I think it's my favorite track on the album at this point, but it's all good.

Im a pretty big machinedrum fan. More than LONE to be honest.

Holy fuckin fuck

His last album Room(s) is incredible, much better than anything he had put out in the past in my opinion.

I'm addicted to New Colour, I wish it developed a bit more.

Guest viscosity

I wouldn't mind sitting through a Lone & Machinedrum collab album.

was gonna say, a couple of the best tracks on here feature Machinedrum. He definitely mixes things up a bit on this album. This is definitely his best album since Lemurian

Wasn't feeling a lot of Lone's previously releases due to the tracks being too long and repetitive, I dig the Kona Triangle LP more though. Yeah, the Machinedrum tracks are the highlights for me.

Guest viscosity

he should really collaborate a bit more, if not just for finding new direction with his style. it's good, but as in his previous albums, there wasn't enough variety to keep it interesting

IMHO what he's been doing recently (since Emerald) has been pretty good, but I agree, he definitely needs to break out of this nostalgic techno corner he's painted himself into.

he should really collaborate a bit more, if not just for finding new direction with his style. it's good, but as in his previous albums, there wasn't enough variety to keep it interesting

Whatchoo talkin about Willis? There is plenty of variety up in this joint. The only beef I have with it are those late-'80s "sparkling piano" synth sounds (see 0:20 Stands Tidal Waves or the main melody in Lying In The Reeds), ugh, reminds me of really outdated Christian worship music and it's a little embarrassing when blasting in the car with the windows down, but maybe that's just me. I can't help but overlook these things though because this album is minty freakin' fresh and way addicting.

I don't mind being in the nostalgic techno corner though. Huge fan of Emerald as well, and his

Guest viscosity

i was speaking about his previous albums. like I said, this has been a standout for me since his debut

i was speaking about his previous albums. like I said, this has been a standout for me since his debut

Ah, I thought when you said "as in his previous albums", you were saying that GG was alike in that way. My bad! :beer:

I caved and downloaded (though I'll be buying this when it's released).

A really solid album, with some great tracks. One or two I'm not so keen on, but for the most part it's very enjoyable indeed. My favourite is 'Dream Girl / Sky Surfer'; that track marries Lone's more recent work with his older sound quite beautifully, and I've been listening to it loads.

Been looping Galaxy Garden for days and it's still feels like diving into an ocean of winterfresh mouthwash every time.

Finally tried listening to Machinedrum's Room(s) album and couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll try again some other time. But his collabs with Lone are fantastic.

Guest AcrossCanyons

this was the record i've looked forward to the most this year, and at first i was a little disappointed although i was in a shitty mood when i listened to it. now i'm in a better mood it absolutely slays. astounding. dude can do no wrong. summer 2k12 record for sure.

Guest Smuckers

heads up for anyone in the UK looking to preorder: it's only £10.99 from HMV. (LP)

Nice one. And yeah, hopefully it'll come with a DL link.

Archived