IGNORED

Venetian Snares - My Love Is A Bulldozer

lawrenke

I'm not disappointed that I received bonus/free material.

Rather than feel "entitled" to something more/else, I was "a tad disappointed" that a CDR contained one two minute track and a weird track.

Probaly due to the fact that it came on a CDR perhaps I expected more, if this is confusing to you, I don;t know how to help you.

"I'm also a tad disappointed with a few minutes of a bonus CD"

That is your words exactly. You're disappointed with a few minutes of a bonus CD. Here in my country that means you're disappointed with the length of the bonus material.

Also, "expected more" sic [bonus material] is by definition a sense of entitlement like I said. It's bonus material. Be thankful you got an album never mind some free tracks with it.

Maybe we're speaking different kinds of English or something, I'm not sure. sorry.

Feel free to change your opinion or wording now it's really no problem, but that is what you said earlier.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes my exact words were I was disappointed with the length of the bonus material, what else did you think I meant?

Expected more? Yes, however I disagree with your use of the wod "entitlement" because I didn't feel I had a right to more material.

I anticipated more, was excited and hopeful for more due to the bonus material being on a CDR which made me hopeful perhaps quite a lot of bonus material.

I've not changed my opinion whatsoever, however I've had to change my wording and elaborate to help you understand I didn't feel entitled to mor, merely there was a hope or expectation for more.

We are both speaking English, no need to argue ad hominem.

I'm also thankful I got a great album as I've already explained, also I'm happy I received bonus material.

Hopefully this clears up any remaining confusion yo may have, but I can try to elaborate further(in English) if you are still confused.

so how long are all the different tracks? maybe we can get some conformation that they are all layers of the same track? if they are all equal length that would probably tell us enough.

Yes my exact words were I was disappointed with the length of the bonus material, what else did you think I meant?

Expected more? Yes, however I disagree with your use of the wod "entitlement" because I didn't feel I had a right to more material.

I anticipated more, was excited and hopeful for more due to the bonus material being on a CDR which made me hopeful perhaps quite a lot of bonus material.

I've not changed my opinion whatsoever, however I've had to change my wording and elaborate to help you understand I didn't feel entitled to mor, merely there was a hope or expectation for more.

We are both speaking English, no need to argue ad hominem.

I'm also thankful I got a great album as I've already explained, also I'm happy I received bonus material.

Hopefully this clears up any remaining confusion yo may have, but I can try to elaborate further(in English) if you are still confused.

:facepalm: if you expected more free material, that is by definition a sense of entitlement.

Read the rules, etc.

stephen going all eugene on us.

lol

Not quite, I still have a soul. =)

ex·pec·ta·tion[ek-spek-tey-shuhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngn] Show IPA

noun

the act or the state of expecting: to wait in expectation.
the act or state of looking forward or anticipating.
an expectant mental attitude: a high pitch of expectation.
something expected; a thing looked forward to.
Often, expectations. a prospect of future good or profit: to have great expectations.

Full Definition of ENTITLEMENT
a : the state or condition of being entitled : right
b : a right to benefits specified especially by law or contract
: a government program providing benefits to members of a specified group; also : funds supporting or distributed by such a program
: belief that one is deserving of or entitled to certain privileges
:facepalm:

I think it's clear what I meant now.

I was expectant/hopeful of more, I didn't think I deserved more.

Does this help you to understand? Or are you going to wrongly continue to stae that I felt I was deserving of more.

In anticipation of your response Lesley: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

let's just enjoy the album and the "so scarce/too short" free bonus material

Lol I was really looking forward to your response :diablo:

ex·pec·ta·tion [ek-spek-tey-shuhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngn] Show IPA

noun

Often, expectations. a prospect of future good or profit: to have great expectations.

: a government program providing benefits to members of a specified group; also : funds supporting or distributed by such a program

Does this help you to understand? Or are you going to wrongly continue to stae that I felt I was deserving of more.

Disappointed. In the length of the release.

Means you expected more. Otherwise you wouldn't be disappointed. Entitled to more music. IE "deserving of or entitled to certain privileges``, specifically the privilege of hearing more bonus material, since you were so disappointed in the free 9 minutes you got.

Copy paste as much shit as you want from the internet.

Careful not to backpedal off the edge of the internet while you're doing it.

I'm disappointed by your description of the bonus tracks. I paid extra for shipping, and did not download the leak like everyone else in this thread. I'm in the US and still waiting... I haven't even heard the shit yet. I know the album is gonna be killer, but the bonus tracks (which I paid extra for) are already a disappointment and I haven't even heard them yet! I was EXPECTING maybe a cd without the vocals, alternate mixes, an additional EP??? Who knows. I will find it funny if the bonus tracks are only layers of a bigger track. That encourages people to trade tracks over the internet. The reason for the bonus CD (I thought) was to make sure people bought the tracks from Planet MU. Now I'll have to find someone else with the rest of the track and "steal" (trade) music from them? Kinda weird!

ex·pec·ta·tion [ek-spek-tey-shuhthinsp.pngthinsp.pngn] Show IPA

noun

Disappointed. In the length of the release.

Means you expected more. Otherwise you wouldn't be disappointed. Entitled to more music. IE "deserving of or entitled to certain privileges``, specifically the privilege of hearing more bonus material, since you were so disappointed in the free 9 minutes you got.

Copy paste as much shit as you want from the internet.

Careful not to backpedal off the edge of the internet while you're doing it.

I copy and pasted to show you the context I used the word "expect" in and that I didn't feel entitled.

You keep telling me that expect equates to entitled, I've explained that isn't the case and now I've had to copy and paste the differences between the words from an online dictionary due to your stubborness.

Facepalm all you like, I explained(in English no less)what I meant, but that wasn't good enough, now I've had to show you the differences between the words and the context I used them in, due to your denial to take my explanations at face value.

I would've gladly bought the digital release (like I have every other release). I wanted the "bonus cd-r". Wanna talk about disappointment? I'm leaving to go to the beach tomorrow. I have to wait till I get back home to even hear the album! Sux!

But for the record. Digital release Amazon - $9.99, cd+shipping and 1 and 1/2 bonus tracks? $21.00. A bit disappointing. And I could give a fuck about owning a "physical" release.

Stephen will tell you you felt "entitled" to cheaper shipping lol

No I wouldn't. That doesn't make any sense. Shipping companies charge what they charge for a specific service. This artist gave us an album with free shit and you don't like the length of the free shit.

K3QoOvg.gif

First I feel entitled. now I don't like the length of the free shit.

We can't be friends because you extrapolate a lot of...shit from me saying I was a tad disappointed.

Well it was kind of fun wrestling with the troll anyway, killed some time lol

I think you'll find it better most of the time to make your point and leave it at that, if they don't get it the first time they probably won't the second. Maybe a few months down the track they'll come around on their own, thanks to your minor diversionary comment., which of course they will never recall, but that's ok because you got what you want anyway. Well you didn't get a decent bonus disc but you know. Maybe it'll be a collectors item to some anorak or something.

I think it's pretty obvious we'll have to put all of the parts of these bonus cds together to get the tracks. I'm wondering if every cdr is exclusive or if there are many with the same parts. Only time will tell. If each one is different we might never hear the full tracks. Anyone know the logistics of how 100 different people could share the files to put the puzzle together?

now I don't like the length of the free shit.

I'm also a tad disappointed with a few minutes of a bonus CD

Yes. Now you understand what you said. Very gourd.

Archived