IGNORED

Venetian Snares - My Love Is A Bulldozer

lawrenke

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

be the kind of thing you'd pin in a venetian snares forum. Better to ere on the side of caution for now and not post here sorry, i'm curious to hear as well, guess i'll never get to. Well unless it goes on youtub

Okay, I'll do that. Are we allowed to PM, though, or write non-link information publicly to try and coordinate a mix of all the tracks?

i'm not reading your pm's :wink:

Guest Miblo

be the kind of thing you'd pin in a venetian snares forum. Better to ere on the side of caution for now and not post here sorry, i'm curious to hear as well, guess i'll never get to. Well unless it goes on youtub

Okay, I'll do that. Are we allowed to PM, though, or write non-link information publicly to try and coordinate a mix of all the tracks?

i'm not reading your pm's :wink:

lol. That could be a crying shame, man. A crying shame!

Guest Miblo

Well I'm up for trying to get this song together!!

I've got Cruel to a heart that's true/Lions Manor - Hopefully it'll be worth it :)

I haven't sent you a PM.

Hi fellow Snares jerks! I bought the album. It is the tits, as are Aaron's on the cover.

As far as bonus tracks goes, I have one you lot don't: 'Beacon', a two minute (exactly) song of acoustic guitars with reverb, along with the Lions Manor which consists of just drums and no vocals.

The shitter is that my laptop won't read the CD. :/

If you wish me to add my tracks to the collective pot, then I will endeavour to rip the files to WAV / other tomorrow at work. If you don't want the files, you can go to hell. Politely, of course.

Also hello, I'm new here.

Guest Miblo

No one on watmm has Soil and Fences?

Let the hunt begin!

Just got my hands on it. But weirdly the 'Lions Manor' that comes with it is the same as the one with 'Particle of Dust'. I've added it to a new mix anyway and you can find it in the usual place. (I've actually re-jigged the directory structure so just let me know if the url has changed.)

Now, because our 'Lions Manor' tracks are the same, the chap who gave it to me had the idea that there may be different versions of 'Lions Manor' with the same track 1. I know, I know. We know that there are four different tracks 1s so we could assume that there are four parts to 'Lions Manor'. These are what I know:

1. String quartet from 00:00
  2. Bass from 00:33–03:51
  3. Vocals from 01:28

If anybody has a version of 'Lions Manor' that's different from these, let us know! We're kind of looking for beats.

Guest Miblo

Hi fellow Snares jerks! I bought the album. It is the tits, as are Aaron's on the cover.

As far as bonus tracks goes, I have one you lot don't: 'Beacon', a two minute (exactly) song of acoustic guitars with reverb, along with the Lions Manor which consists of just drums and no vocals.

The shitter is that my laptop won't read the CD. :/

If you wish me to add my tracks to the collective pot, then I will endeavour to rip the files to WAV / other tomorrow at work. If you don't want the files, you can go to hell. Politely, of course.

Also hello, I'm new here.

Welcome to watmm! It sounds like you have the last piece of the puzzle and it would be great to add it to the pot.

I wonder if the nominations are open for Best First Post…

P.S. Definitely don't expect a PM.

I didn't expect a PM to begin with, and wouldn't reply to it anyway.

But from what I am hearing of the other tracks, I think I somehow ended up with the drums. And my Beacon track definitely fits nicely over one of the other files I somehow happened across from a source I acquired a certain time ago but cannot mention.

This is a pretty weird but cool extra I suppose: we have to do digital legwork to get our bonus tracks. In this day and age of super easy downloading, we have to--shock--talk to each other to find the complete tracks.

edit: also, doesn't this mean we have the means to do remixes of these tracks? Although it would be best to hear the tracks first before we can break them down again for remixing...

Guest thomasplanetmu

Ah I heard Beacon + the drum part is a really rare cd. Glad someone found one and came to here.

(P.S people who are emailing me about this I am pointing to here for people to figure stuff out.)

Guest Miblo

Jeez, I've got the lot, guys, although the levels may be a bit off because of ReplayGain / encoding to .wma / .mp3 for a couple of the tracks. Hopefully tomorrow I can put a full .wav mix together (Lesley, pls) but for now there's a 320kbps .mp3 in the usual place. I'm dashing outta here for now, but if you can't wait for the good stuff hopefully someone can surreptitious not point you in the wrong direction… or something like that.

Jeez, I've got the lot, guys, although the levels may be a bit off because of ReplayGain / encoding to .wma / .mp3 for a couple of the tracks. Hopefully tomorrow I can put a full .wav mix together (Lesley, pls) but for now there's a 320kbps .mp3 in the usual place. I'm dashing outta here for now, but if you can't wait for the good stuff hopefully someone can surreptitious not point you in the wrong direction… or something like that.

how can we be sure that we have all the layers/tracks?

where is the drum part of it Thomas mentioned?

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Can someone sum up the bonus track separates thing? what do we know so far? how many parts do we think are unique? and how many do we have so far?

Guest Miblo

how can we be sure that we have all the layers/tracks?

where is the drum part of it Thomas mentioned?

Bechuga got it with 'Beacons'. If Thomas can confirm that there are four tracks, then we know we have them all.

Ah I heard Beacon + the drum part is a really rare cd. Glad someone found one and came to here.

(P.S people who are emailing me about this I am pointing to here for people to figure stuff out.)

It was almost even rarer as the package was jammed into my letterbox. No damage thankfully.

So do we have all the parts if we have four separate sections, Thomas? And what's the ratio in rarity of the CDS (eg. 10 Heart CDs to 1 Beacon etc)? Or is this all info you're going to withhold in this devious scavenge hunt?

This is actually a pretty cool thing to do, and I retract my statement about being a bad idea on burning 9 minutes of music to a disc. It is a high cool thing to do if the discs are different :music:

I am still trying to absorb all the album - i've still not heard it all the way through.

Yeah I was initially disappointed at seeing there was only 2 tracks on the bonus CD but it turned out to be a cool idea, having to work with others to get the song together (even if the lazy side of me kinda wishes he just put all the fucking tracks on the CD! :lol:).

The album is really good, especially after repeated listens. I wouldn't say it's his best but It's a lot of fun - and there isn't a track I dislike....really liking 'shaky sometimes' at the moment :biggrin:

Yeah this new record is pretty awesome.

Slightly unrelated but was anyone here at the Toronto show on Saturday?

Slightly unrelated: Is anyone going to the LA show on July 5th? Let's blaze out

Guest Miblo

Just realised that there are actually five track 1s. 'Lions Manor' is also in 5/4, if the drums are to be trusted.

1. 'Particle of Dust' + bass
  2. 'Soil & Fences' + bass
  3. 'Beacon' + drums
  4. 'Heaves Heavy Heart' + strings
  5. 'Cruel to a Heart That's True' + vox

The investigation goes on…

P.S. The album's official release date was today, wasn't it?

Just realised that there are actually five track 1s. 'Lions Manor' is also in 5/4, if the drums are to be trusted.

1. 'Particle of Dust' + bass
  2. 'Soil & Fences' + bass
  3. 'Beacon' + drums
  4. 'Heaves Heavy Heart' + strings
  5. 'Cruel to a Heart That's True' + vox

The investigation goes on…

P.S. The album's official release date was today, wasn't it?

Yes official release date is today.

I think there is at least 5 tracks like you've posted above. How are we to know we are mixing them properly? =/

Archived