IGNORED

Venetian Snares - My Love Is A Bulldozer

lawrenke

Just realised that there are actually five track 1s. 'Lions Manor' is also in 5/4, if the drums are to be trusted.

1. 'Particle of Dust' + bass
  2. 'Soil & Fences' + bass
  3. 'Beacon' + drums
  4. 'Heaves Heavy Heart' + strings
  5. 'Cruel to a Heart That's True' + vox

The investigation goes on…

P.S. The album's official release date was today, wasn't it?

Yes official release date is today.

I think there is at least 5 tracks like you've posted above. How are we to know we are mixing them properly? =/

When mixed correctly the ether portal will open and the Centaur of Time's End will bestow immortality upon us all

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listening to Caustic Window at the beach. I'll contribute my puzzle piece when I get back home (if it is any different). Wish I had some Vsnares to listen to here...

Can anyone confirm that all cdrs are different or are some the same?

Just realised that there are actually five track 1s. 'Lions Manor' is also in 5/4, if the drums are to be trusted.

1. 'Particle of Dust' + bass
  2. 'Soil & Fences' + bass
  3. 'Beacon' + drums
  4. 'Heaves Heavy Heart' + strings
  5. 'Cruel to a Heart That's True' + vox

The investigation goes on…

the album was released yesterday. I pre-ordered it myself and while they shipped it early to meet the release date (which is why most of you in the UK had it last week) I still haven't received my copy & other planet mu stuff as of yet... looking forward to the mailer waiting at my door :)

No, a lot of people are getting the same versions so there can only be about five or so differing discs. Perhaps it's like coloured vinyl: there's more of one colour and less of another. Remains to be seen if there's any more than five, as the track sounds fairly complete with just four pieces atm.

Ripped my files to wav, will upload soon. How do we distribute the final track when properly mixed and whatnot? Seeing as Thomas from Mu was here, can I presume it's kosher to do so?

Just got the cd in the mail, but I haven't really been following the thread until that. And now I'm confused, lol.

My bonus disc is Soil & Fences / Lions Manor, but I think I've seen another watmmer having that one too

wow 22 different disks. I imagine they will all have a layer to add to the track..

Might be different tracks

this is going to take awhile to figure out. We need to start a page/blog/wiki to keep things clear..

Guest Xolbe2

Hi,

I've lurked here for many years, but it took a crazy Venetian Snares bonus disc to finally make me sign up.

So Hi. I already read the rules.

My bonus disc has 'Particle Of Dust' as track 1, my Lion's Manor starts at 1.27 and is just a vocal sample (when you're all alone with nothing but regrets), there's also a bit of light jazzy percussion toward the end of the track.

I don't do slsk, but I do do Dropbox. Could somebody let me know the best way to share my pieces and grab others?

Ta.

22 discs! A completionist's nightmare.

So, considering that this seems to be what we're meant to be doing, can we post direct links to the files? I will quite happily share mine if allowed. Unless Mu/Joyrex chase me down and decapitate me.

Hi,

I've lurked here for many years, but it took a crazy Venetian Snares bonus disc to finally make me sign up.

My bonus disc has 'Particle Of Dust' as track 1, my Lion's Manor starts at 1.27 and is just a vocal sample (when you're all alone with nothing but regrets), there's also a bit of light jazzy percussion toward the end of the track.

I don't do slsk, but I do do Dropbox. Could somebody let me know the best way to share my pieces and grab others?

Ta.

just want to say: great avatar

dont ever change

edit: posting avatar because pagebreak

photo-18010.jpg?_r=1403022126

holy lol, and every disc has a different guitar type track on it too? I only heard the heaves heavy heart one.. still have to retreive mine over the weekend, had it send over to a place where mail actually arrives.

Guest Xolbe2

Having listened to the other bonus tracks, it turns out my Lion's Manor is the one that was on with 'Cruel To A Heart That's True'.

So dissapointingly I don't have a missing piece of the puzzle. I'll happily pass on my tracks if anybody wants to investigate further though.

My disappointment is easily assuaged by an avatar compliment after my first post though. Worth joining up for that, cheers.

Guest Miblo

• 'Particle of Dust' + bass
  • 'Soil & Fences' + bass
  • 'Beacon' + drums
  • 'Heaves Heavy Heart' + strings
  • 'Cruel to a Heart That's True' + vox
The investigation goes on

Yes official release date is today.

I think there is at least 5 tracks like you've posted above. How are we to know we are mixing them properly? =/

When mixed correctly the ether portal will open and the Centaur of Time's End will bestow immortality upon us all

:cerious:

No, a lot of people are getting the same versions so there can only be about five or so differing discs. Perhaps it's like coloured vinyl: there's more of one colour and less of another. Remains to be seen if there's any more than five, as the track sounds fairly complete with just four pieces atm.

Ripped my files to wav, will upload soon. How do we distribute the final track when properly mixed and whatnot? Seeing as Thomas from Mu was here, can I presume it's kosher to do so?

Cheers for the .wavs, Bechunga! Folks'll find them in the usual place. Yeah, 'twould be so much easier just to post the link here (delet pls) although we could YouTube the final mix. I'm betting we'll be the guys with the highest quality mix.

I can let you know there are 22 different discs.

How do you know?

Hi Fellow funk fans

My bonus CDR is called 'Away,away' / 'Lions manor'

PM sent.

not sure if this has been pointed out in the thread, but on the back of the cover it says: "Dear Poet contains breaks chopped off Mike Glozier and jaguar noises by John Frusciante"

https://twitter.com/mikeglozier/status/478670036589355008

Oh, that Mike Glozier. Wow! Good on him.

Hi,

Ta.

I'll PM you a link to my Dropbox. Can we clone each other's Dropboxes? Don't know if that's possible.

Incid., I got 'Particle of Dust' too but the bass of 'Lions Manor'.

And, welcome to watmm.

Archived