IGNORED

Pink Floyd - The Endless River

i was mildly excited but learned they are adding vocals which basicaly means they're trying to make another division bell and probably all of the ambient-techno experimentation will be lost. then i remembered how bad division bell is and couldn't understand why are people so excited over some unrealised outtakes, even if they had an amusing name and were a 'project'

i kinda wish they asked waters to join for historic accuracy, but he'd probably just tell them to fuck off.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LUDD, on 07 Jul 2014 - 10:37 PM, said:

Can't these cunts just fuck off already?

Don't call Gilmore, sorry Gilmour a cunt. What's he done to you? He might be posh but he seems a rather affable sort of chap.

LUDD, on 07 Jul 2014 - 10:37 PM, said:

Can't these cunts just fuck off already?

Don't call Gilmore, sorry Gilmour a cunt. What's he done to you? He might be posh but he seems a rather affable sort of chap.

his a ok dude. gives a lot to charity and when syd was broke and sick he put 10 of his tracks on a compilation which made syd a very rich guy.

As a general rule, any non-WATMM-featured artist putting out a new release must first traverse the standard "it will be shit" gauntlet before receiving definitive feedback on WATMM.

As a general rule, any non-WATMM-featured artist putting out a new release must first traverse the standard "it will be shit" gauntlet before receiving definitive feedback on WATMM.

More so when said band hasn't released a generally well regarded album in 35 years.

Pink Floyd bonus rule: Gilmour vs Waters ten page argument and non-existant "this will be better than dark side" implication.

music_jazz_musicians.gif

David Gilmore

Who's that.

a bloke in Pink Floyd

That would be Gilmour.

indeed it would

classic beerwoulf

classic alco

alcou

hah the penny drops!

I'd be more excited if they got Roger Waters back to help with this, I'm cautious. On one hand it could have that cheesy Division Bell-ness to it, on the other hand Gilmour's last solo album was quite good and it seemed he finally figured out how to make half decent Pink Floyd song on his own.. The inclusion of (genius) Richard Wright's swan song has got me interested, but David and Nick are the two laziest composers in Pink Floyd's history by a long stretch, and I can never forgive them for Momentary Impersonation Of Dire Straits. Gilmour wasn't even a founding member and ended up with full ownership of the band, wtf? Anyway I hope it's good

I'd be more excited if they got Roger Waters back to help with this, I'm cautious. On one hand it could have that cheesy Division Bell-ness to it, on the other hand Gilmour's last solo album was quite good and it seemed he finally figured out how to make half decent Pink Floyd song on his own.. The inclusion of (genius) Richard Wright's swan song has got me interested, but David and Nick are the two laziest composers in Pink Floyd's history by a long stretch, and I can never forgive them for Momentary Impersonation Of Dire Straits. Gilmour wasn't even a founding member and ended up with full ownership of the band, wtf? Anyway I hope it's good

They wouldn't have been mega successful 70s Floyd without Gilmour.

Can I just say something - Syd Barrett was overrated.

Am I the only one who never really liked Pink Floyd? I always found them awfully cheesy. :shrug:

I have to get hammered to enjoy them.

Anyway I think this comeback can only be disappointing, because of how high the expectations will be.

I hope this album has standard David Gilmour lyrics about remembering things and warmth touching your insides and horrible rhyming couplets

oh yes

anyway good news though

an ambient Floyd album has me interested..

to me the best Pink Floyd tracks have always being their ambient,

when i saw the post on their facebook i almost had a heart-attack

in case some of you haven't seen this https://www.facebook.com/pinkfloyd/posts/10152219228892308?fref=nf

cool, didn't know Youth was involved

Seems like this should have just been bonus material on the new Division Bell reissue, but they instead decided to do some overdubbing to milk the cow once more.

I'd rather have them dig around for possible Animals era outtakes and a good soundboard of that tour. Such an overlooked album.

I must be the only person in the universe who thinks A Momentary Lapse of Reason was their best album

edit: only because of Tony Levin

Archived