IGNORED

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Asunder, Sweet And Other Distress

petina

Yes, yes, yes!

I missed the cinematic/orchestral nature in their last album, so I hope this is more of a return to the sound I loved of theirs last decade.

Completely agree with this. That album sounded good at first but I hardly listened to it since tbh.

"Light! Inside Of Light!" lol fuck off efrim

Sounds ok tho, can't wait to hear it proper. Won't this be the first brand new GY!BE material since Yanqui U.X.O. ? Since 'Allelujah! Don't Bend Ascend are tracks that were a decade old.

Sounds ok tho, can't wait to hear it proper. Won't this be the first brand new GY!BE material since Yanqui U.X.O. ? Since 'Allelujah! Don't Bend Ascend are tracks that were a decade old.

You picked out that name, not Piss Crowns Are Trebled?

You picked out that name, not Piss Crowns Are Trebled?

yes

He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts Of Light Sometimes Grace The Corner Of Our Rooms

There Is A Light

All Lights Fucked On The Hairy Amp Drooling

Strung Like Lights At Thee Printemps Erable

Fuck Off Get Free We Pour Light On Everything

So my first reaction to seeing "Light! Inside Of Light!" was "lol pls"

To be fair, I had a feeling there were more gybe/asmz titles with the word 'light' in them for some reason.

Now I'm imagining those titles with the word 'light' replaced by 'piss'. Not bad.

Facetiousness aside, can't wait!

I think their last album is one of their best; sounds like they actually meant it unlike on yanqui uxo, which was probably Albini's fault.

New stuff sounds massive.

Sort of worried Godspeed and Swans will sound indistinguishable in 5 years, and sort of ok with it happening too.

I don't think I listened to Allelujah more than three times. It wasn't a bad album by any means, it just seemed to lack the lasting appeal that's present in the rest of their work. Maybe I'll give it another listen at some point this week as it's been quite a while since I heard it last. Who knows, my tastes may have changed in its favour.

Still, I'm definitely excited for this new release. Not too much of a wait either which is always a good thing!

I think their last album is one of their best; sounds like they actually meant it unlike on yanqui uxo, which was probably Albini's fault.

New stuff sounds massive.

Sort of worried Godspeed and Swans will sound indistinguishable in 5 years, and sort of ok with it happening too.

signed

I love Yanqui. But one thing I really really hate is that not one but TWO tracks start with Albini saying "We're rolling". That's not the first album he deliberately left that shit in. For some reason it really grinds my gears.

MY GEARS :catrage:

Archived