IGNORED

WTF are these Unofficial Aphex Twin Cassette Tapes ????

J3FF3R00

Is this like a V/VM thing?

I googled these but found nothing about them. My guess is they aren't actually him.

Any thoughts?

18159257126_f9cf6c23e5_z.jpg17565170403_e33b13ec32_z.jpg

17997876548_d99b9da669_z.jpg17998037050_1645799032_z.jpg

Should I buy these?

:wacko:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

weird

maybe buy one and listen to it?

have a feeling it's a bootleg comp

although, who knows...maybe RDJ sprinkled some rare gems about the record shops of the world

analorde spongebath, i say buy or die

can't go wrong with amoeba

I bought. Die not :)

I need to wait to listen to these, unfortunately.

My thought is that if it were actually him, the album art would be different (whatever that means).

There were 2 more copies of the "Analorde Spongebath 5" tape, with the same image on front but slightly different covers.

BTW, I asked the guy at the electronic counter about them. He didn't have any info. He said "Well. It says it's him and they are sealed... He also is a merry prankster."

Really strange.

Can't wait to hear what's on them.

go scoop the other two and I'll pay you $20 for each of em lol. I'd like to have them as a novelty.

Yea, $10 just for the novelty factor is worth it IMO. Somebody spent all week making those.

Could use them to make friends and impress women.

i picked up endo..its a live set..not soundboard.. boOtLEG baby!..maybe..i think. AOEMBA LA yes? @freestyle transvestite

What era?

Haha! I own it and I'm asking someone else!

Sorry, stuck at work :/

Oh shit. I just put Analorde Spongebath 5 in my cassette deck. This is either unreleased or something live. Could be a soundboard recording, but the audio quality is SUPER clean.

Definitely old-school AFX, analogue bubblebath era shit I've never heard before.

WTF.

This is crazy.

Oh shit. I just put Analorde Spongebath 5 in my cassette deck. This is either unreleased or something live. Could be a soundboard recording, but the audio quality is SUPER clean.

Definitely old-school AFX, analogue bubblebath era shit I've never heard before.

WTF.

This is crazy.

Hold on. The 2nd track is one of his soundcloud dump tracks...

https://soundcloud.com/user18081971/21-hapshifter1

I think someone is having a bit of fun and making soundcloud tapes! LOL! Could be Rich, but I doubt it.

I didn't recognize the first track.

(Edit)

The 2nd track also showed up on Shazam as "User48736353001". LOL.

I don't recognize the 3rd track either.

Sounds great on tape, btw :)

3rd track could be a dump track. It starts off with the sound of footsteps outdoors in the mud or something.

I don't recognize the 4th track and it isn't showing up on Shazam. I'm realizing I'm not nearly familiar enough with the dump catalogue. If these are dump tracks, I don't know them well enough yet.

it's analogue bubblebath 5

Really?

edit

OMG! You're right!

I'm actually less familiar with AB5 than any of the soundcloud stuff. I had a horrible year and that when that came along, I didn't give it much attention. Duh.

Thanks.

3rd track could be a dump track. It starts off with the sound of footsteps outdoors in the mud or something.

I don't recognize the 4th track and it isn't showing up on Shazam. I'm realizing I'm not nearly familiar enough with the dump catalogue. If these are dump tracks, I don't know them well enough yet.

-real fan

Really?

edit

OMG! You're right!

I'm actually less familiar with AB5 than any of the soundcloud stuff. I had a horrible year and that when that came along, I didn't give it much attention. Duh.

Thanks.

So many excuses in one post. It's ok. He has so many tracks he forgets them.

Really?

edit

OMG! You're right!

Thanks.

So many excuses in one post. It's ok. He has so many tracks he forgets them.

Haha! Yeah. *hangs head in IDM shame*

It only plays half-way through AB5, then when you flip the tape, it starts over, instead of playing the second side!

It was probably made by some kid who was too young to know that on Side B of a tape, you normally get to hear the 2nd half of the album.

-real fan

You dick.

:)

Archived