IGNORED

Seltene Erden (Kassem Mosse) - Scorched Erden

species8472

kassem mosse in ambient form - cool shit!

will boomkat you:

"Kassem Mosse blesses Youth with a gorgeous ambient album under his Seltene Erden alias making up for a noticeable absence from the release schedule in recent years.

‘Scorched Erden’ marks Kassem Mosse’s full solo debut with Youth after the ’Silica Gel’ cut on their ‘Sports’ CD in 2019. Reviving the Seltene Erden handle last used in 2011 on a 12" for Mule, the modern house auteur yields some of his most preciously melodic works to date, focussing his interests for retro-futuristic and otherworldly sounds into a form of crystalline, iridescent ambient that shimmers shades away from the likes of uon and Huerco S., the jazzier ambient end of Actress and ‘90s Move D, and the lushest Hassellian 4th World dimensions.

To be honest this is the sort of Kassem album we’ve wanted to hear for ages, seeing him leave the dance for dust and follow his nose into properly aetheric alternate head spaces, showing off that personalised, hybrid analogue/digital soundsphere and tactile design tekkers that we’ve come to love since his earliest turns in the ‘00s. He sucks us right in with the lush FM synth fronds of ‘Mythil Shard’ and, through enigmatic processes, keeps us there until the gravelly slosh of ‘Palestone’, via stunning pieces of GRM-like sound design in ‘Twinkling Titanite’, and the 0PN-like ‘Passage Jewel’, or the spiralling helixes of ‘Rising Core’ with a gripping sense of narration that marks this album, and him, out for soundtrack purposes.

Tip!"

https://kmos.bandcamp.com/album/scorched-erden

8718723158817.jpg

Edited by species8472
  • Like 2

grabbed this a few days ago, not 100% sure why i liked it as much as i did but i just kept wanting to hear it so.... it’s good but can’t yet quantify exactly why, which is cool imo. recommend giving it a listen for sure.

6 minutes ago, auxien said:

grabbed this a few days ago, not 100% sure why i liked it as much as i did but i just kept wanting to hear it so.... it’s good but can’t yet quantify exactly why, which is cool imo. recommend giving it a listen for sure.

This.

• Like 1

o shit this is really good.  more chilled out than his recent, more experimental, releases (zigtrax was nice but disclosure, chilazon, and the dj residue one kinda lost me)

currently bathing in twinkling titanite

Edited by markedone

Rhodochrosite sounds a lot like 1991.  Which is a compliment, of course.

Im bummed i didnt check this out on bandcamp day, as i want to throw digital monies at it and have them all go to artist.. *adds to wishlist

• Like 1

Mustve been a very limited release cause it had sold out very quickly on bandcamp/boomkat. I was expecting something a bit more warm cosy ambient from the description... it isnt. There are no beats-  but the actual sound design isn't too different from Disclosure. Very shiny and twinkly though.

• Like 1

Yeah, had to go with the digitals too. I lost track with KM's output (discovered his stuff a while ago, I believ via Workshop 19 IIRC?), will check Disclosure.

"Rare Earth" indeed. Sounds neat. I am very excited for this resurgence of "Fourth World" as an influence on dancier musics

• 10 months later...