IGNORED

Deadbeat x Om Unit - Root, Stalk, Leaf and Bloom (Midnight Shift)

dcom

This is fucking brilliant, to be honest. Took a couple of listens to properly lock into it but I absolutely love what they're doing here. Might be my AOTY. Shame it's already getting buried under the excessive amount of threads dcom makes.

44 minutes ago, Blir said:

Shame it's already getting buried under the excessive amount of threads dcom makes.

They're still only a tiny sliver of the things I trawl through and pay attention to, and I'm already aggressively filtering to try and stay within the genre confines of WATMM; I've moved a lot of release-related which might not be of general interest to my blog. If it's really excessive, I can always siphon everything to the blog.

Edited by dcom

54 minutes ago, dcom said:

They're still only a tiny sliver of the things I trawl through and pay attention to, and I'm already aggressively filtering to try and stay within the genre confines of WATMM; I've moved a lot of release-related which might not be of general interest to my blog. If it's really excessive, I can always siphon everything to the blog.

fwiw i generally appreciate you posting stuff that i otherwise would have missed. doesn’t seem excessive and also easily ignorable if needed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Blir said:

This is fucking brilliant, to be honest. Took a couple of listens to properly lock into it but I absolutely love what they're doing here.

+1 this is really refreshing stuff, I liked Om Unit's recent Acid Dub Studies album and this collab is the perfect continuation of that.

1 hour ago, nikisoko said:

fwiw i generally appreciate you posting stuff that i otherwise would have missed. doesn’t seem excessive and also easily ignorable if needed

+1, I don't mind the amount of posting either @dcom, and of course some stuff can be six degrees off everyone else's radar (insert always has been meme here), but yeah you've put me (and others I'm sure) on to some top releases I'd have no idea otherwise existed.  Plus, I dig that you're formost into the content of the musics, as opposed to the physical festishism that can override this place sometimes.

Now Troon, OTOH, was a first rate New & Upcoming Releases bellend

• Thanks 1

I came across really miserly there, which I didn't intend. It's good to have someone on top of what is happening but when there's a lot of that going on it becomes a blur to someone like me who only occasionally visits. I feel lucky I spotted this thread before it dropped off the first page, otherwise I might have missed a gem of an album.

Don't mind me.