IGNORED

Pjusk - Salt og Vind [12k]

Scaramouche

New album from Pjusk, the 4th album on 12k since Solstøv in 2014. Very impressed with this on first listen, I've liked all of their releases and Sart is up there with my most cherished 12k albums. 

With Salt og Vind Pjusk retums from an eight year album hiatus. This release is also the first seeing Pjusk as a solo project consisting of Jostein Dahl Gjelsvik. Salt og Vind (Salt and Wind) is, not surprisingly, about the forces of nature and the contrast between the volatile and the existing. In a wider sense it is about man’s inability or struggle to grasp the eternal and instead seek temporary fulfillment.

Salt og Vind is Pjusk’s 4th album for 12k and comes in with an urgency and drive not often seen in their work.From the noisy, atonal start to “Det som aldri forsvinner” to the lush, exotic rhythmic pulse of “Ordene som blåste bort” there is a breadth of sound from the icy sublime to the detailed complexity. Pjusk’s sense of space and production, as always, makes Salt og Vind an expansive and deep listen.

• Like 2

Never heard of Pjusk but 12k is a label I feel I can always count on, so I'll definitely need to give Salt og Vind a listen

• 2 weeks later...

This is a nice listen, good to see him (I guess it became a solo project somewhere along the way?) back on 12k. Swell guy.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Extralife said:

This is out and it’s pretty damn lush.

Yeah, I'm very impressed. I did my first listen Saturday night, nice long walk, felt like I was brushing up against the veil...