IGNORED

Dopplereffekt - Neurotelepathy

Key

On 3/24/2022 at 1:36 PM, gnarlybog said:

Pretty sweet. You have to admire the conceptual continuity of these projects. 

I like how theyre increasingly using specific and esoteric areas of science to tether to their spooky electro.

The preview track is quite a bit lighter in tone than I was expecting. Usually Doppereffekt albums are sci-fi soundscapes, this is way more clubby like the earlier stuff. Excited.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 3:10 PM, thumbass said:

Great news! I'm always up for some dopplereffekt. Don't like the stock image looking ass album cover though

Completely agree it looks like shit.

I'm enjoying it nonetheless :music:

• Like 1

Is that Christina Vantzou doing the computer voice on the opener? Or is she appearing in another capacity. If anything the accent sounds faintly Scottish.

Its great anyway, you appear to be getting scanned by some ultra futuristic technology, high pitched synths crackle and sizzle like neurons. That sets up the concept.

The rest of the tracklist is a tour guide through the Dopplereffekt world, Penderecki horror-wailing, wormy basslines riding ridiculously sterile drums, lush pads lurk around in the shadows and all done with deadly precision. Some of it was even giving me Analord vibes.

Probably their most approachable album, maybe its not as grand or mysterious as Calabi-Yau or Cellular Automata but for once Donald actually gives us what we want and its glorious.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, thefxbip said:

that one has a quite Drexciyan vibe do you agree?

Agreed, shows the Drexciyan lineage, though tempered by time. (IMO)

Enjoyed this album, though that's not a surprise. 

• Like 1