IGNORED

Aprilheights - Archives 1995​-​1998 (Furthur Electronix)

dcom

• dcom changed the title to Aprilheights - Archives 1995​-​1998 (Furthur Electronix)
9 minutes ago, Uros said:

Furthur Electronix ?

Thanks for the heads up though!

It seems to be gone from both FE and Under the Radar, but there might be copies available from somewhere else, too. I was able to get a copy, but it's expensive AF (75 € + p&p). FE has upped the availability of their records quite a bit, but specials like this are still very hard to get unless you're on the ball at all times. The aftermarket for the true limited editions is crazy, though, prices go through the roof and the waters are infested with sharks.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1

Just now, Uros said:

Thanks for the plug but since I don't do vinyl anyway my problem was more like FE = no digital = poop label.

Hope you will enjoy the hell out of your copy ?

A lot of the artists featured on FE are self-releasing their material in digital, but in this case I don't see that happening as Aprilheights as a project has been discontinued. I'll most probably make a vinyl rip of my copy and listen to that, and keep the wax on the shelf.

• Like 1

Great, make my favorite cherished tunes available only on way overpriced haute culture aftermarket bullshit. def not a motivator to support it IMO

Edited by chronical
  • Like 1
  • Burger 2

I thought FE were shutting down. I guess I was wrong, but I'm still waiting on the record I ordered from them almost half a year ago. Feels like they're ghosting me on email too, so I'm leery of doing business with them until they finish what is already standing. Something like this should be coming out on digital too anyways, because as chronical said, I don't want to pay aftermarket prices for something I'm more likely to listen to on a digital platform, even if it's my own rip. This also brings up real issues regarding elitism and where money is being made for the artist(s), but I suppose that's a whole other discussion.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/13/2023 at 10:39 PM, Dave3 said:

I thought FE were shutting down. I guess I was wrong, but I'm still waiting on the record I ordered from them almost half a year ago. Feels like they're ghosting me on email too, so I'm leery of doing business with them until they finish what is already standing. Something like this should be coming out on digital too anyways, because as chronical said, I don't want to pay aftermarket prices for something I'm more likely to listen to on a digital platform, even if it's my own rip. This also brings up real issues regarding elitism and where money is being made for the artist(s), but I suppose that's a whole other discussion.

Have you tried to contact Music_Maestro on discogs?

Great records, ballacid posted a few of the tracks on his YouTube page for those looking for rips, sorry that's best I can recommend

4 hours ago, Mattthegoone said:

Have you tried to contact Music_Maestro on discogs?

Great records, ballacid posted a few of the tracks on his YouTube page for those looking for rips, sorry that's best I can recommend

I gave up after a few more attempts to reach out to them and filed a claim with PayPal. They refunded my purchase, which most likely means the seller never responded to them either. Totally nuts.

Edited by Dave3
added my response in the quote accidentally so I fixed it

• 6 months later...
On 1/8/2023 at 11:04 PM, dcom said:

So, I've been waiting for a copy of Aprilheights' We Haven't Got A Clue to become available for over two decades [...]

...and finally I found a copy from a local DJ friend, who had found and bought it for a pittance from a flea market record bin.

image.thumb.jpeg.3b7c0a15d5e58f298846a466cb9a1a85.jpeg

Although the cover looks a bit rough, the records are pristine AF, and sound absolutely fantastic. Happy happy joy joy.

• Like 3