IGNORED

SDEM - VORTICES

32 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

I wouldn't even call it 'influence'

SDEM is an OG, he goes way back with ae, part of the same scene when they were all unknowns. Along with SND and Haswell and Chris Douglas etc.

yeah, the Vortical Shredder release (wonder what the connection between this Vortices release and Vortical Shredder is, if any?) was played by Sean in 2020...can't imagine he'd be playing & chatting up the stuff if he thought it was an AE ripoff.

On 7/30/2023 at 5:27 PM, ignatius said:

yeah. he has live sets floating around that are dope af. some dj mixes too. 

at times he has like a hip hop + scorn vibe or something...  i think he has a sound that fits in a lot of places. wide ranging style of tracks and experiments. the ZNS release which is apparently a collection of tracks spanning a long time.. was put together by someone who gathered them all.. i forget the story.. and then made one release out of them.  

i think live he uses an octatrack and a nord or something.. or maybe just the octa.. 

He played a show alongside Mick Harris not so long ago, killer line up, the kind of thing we'll never see in France...

Edited by d-a-m-o

The SYNCAV release from a couple years ago on Bandcamp is definitely worth checking out too. One of my favorite releases of the last few years easily.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, auxien said:

interview there talks about a good bit of stuff too. will have to give the mix a listen today for sure, def some stuff on the tracklist (bottom of interview) i've never even heard of

IMG_2214.png

• Like 2

there's a hidden track on the Deloc release that kills. 

called 'lloeproe' not even listed as a bonus track but you get it if ou buy the release..  i did anyways.. 

• Like 5

Yo , just seen this thread - cheers ..

and thought I should say this 

not exactly true this OG thing, all those artists named in that comment were fully operational when I was still just messing around doing parties DJing and getting started doing electronic trax,.. it is true I been messing making tapes and fucking with pedals and drum machines and guitars etc since I was a kid. I fucked Hull off and went to Leeds & met doyobi and then through them met skam etc around 97-98 .   I would be the first to shout out AE (and the Gescom stuff) , show love and acknowledge their influence -  not just in terms of their stuff, but also via their generous sharing of loads of other amazing stuff through Dj mixes and so on . Some of the best shit ever yes.
Respect where its due 

there's fucking loads of Djs and artists  & things that have massive importance to me re: what I'm up to   - Alex Doyobi (he showed me tracker software that got me on this long tangent in the first place) , snd, SVVN,  ed, Rian, Kohei, Chris D, Rich NMB, Made, Phil W, Sean Dorris, Lee Trek,  Nok1,  Satoshi, Spoils, Spaf (RIP).. loads of hiphop, (EL Producto, RZA, Bomb Squad, Ultramags, etc etc etc) metal ,  jungle , soundtracks, weird rock shit and so on and so on and so on 

ANNYYWAY

just wanted to air this , didn't feel right having disinfo floating about that could get misconstrued, keep it real etc 

Edited by SDEM
reasons
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2023 at 12:42 PM, dumplings said:

What's the track ID around 44 minutes from that IOMIX above?

I can't seem to post it now, but that latest mix on NTS 'Music to Ease Your Disease' were rate good, too.

it'll be either coil or dj PayPal , or both at the same time 

? my mix is from 7 mins in til about 1hr 20, the hosts played some nice stuff too around the edges.. tracklist is on here https://www.nts.live/shows/musictoeaseyourdisease/episodes/musictoeaseyourdisease-27th-may-2023

Edited by SDEM
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...