1 hour ago, jules said:

Ok, so never order from Blerp again - understood. :trashbear:

At least when AFX is involved!

1 hour ago, eye said:

Autechre vinyls always have the code for the AE_STORE

Oh right!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chenGOD said:

So if we bought the physical record, we have to buy the extra tracks he's adding?

Edit: m12 6 omc zeq is a banger though!

no, I haven't received mine yet and I'm able to download since July 28th...

make sure you go to

https://aphextwin.warp.net/account/music

-> there u have all the stuff u bought from Warp Store and if you click on BBLR you'll have all the 9 trax... 4 regular mixes, same 4 but OMC (whatever that stands for) and u also have the new track... it's a shame cause I want to download just that one track but there's only the option to download the entire ep and I'm on a really slow connection...

edit: oh, if u select tracks instead of grid view u can download one by one... :^)

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Hail Sagan said:

I think we got a DL code right? (Haven’t opened the vinyl or given a listen yet)

9 hours ago, Mattthegoone said:

The d/l card in the sleeve is redeemed on bleep, I don't think it works on the afxwarpnet site, but if you bought it on the afx site you can download the 9 track version on there

Ah unfortunately I bought the physical record in store, so yeah my DL code is only for the bleep store. May have to buy the digitals when more is released...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

can't member who was wondering about the melodies of the new Warp track but they remind me of these...

Screenshot_20230804-015257.png

Now we have to know what the crossed out track below organ epic is!!!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

it's a shame cause I want to download just that one track but there's only the option to download the entire ep and I'm on a really slow connection...

edit: oh, if u select tracks instead of grid view u can download one by one... :^)

Glad to see I'm not the only one

• Like 1

19 hours ago, IDEM said:

Thanks for the heads-up, but does anyone know if there's an option to downsingle single tracks from your purchases? Looks like I can only dl the whole package every time. Maybe I'm just too dumb.

Edit: I see all you nerds in the store comments :rhubear3:

11 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

no, I haven't received mine yet and I'm able to download since July 28th...

make sure you go to

https://aphextwin.warp.net/account/music

-> there u have all the stuff u bought from Warp Store and if you click on BBLR you'll have all the 9 trax... 4 regular mixes, same 4 but OMC (whatever that stands for) and u also have the new track... it's a shame cause I want to download just that one track but there's only the option to download the entire ep and I'm on a really slow connection...

oh and btw how come nobody is losing/loosing his shit with this new BBLR video? it's brutal af... can't wait to watch it on my super ultra sized TV back at home...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cruising for burgers said:

oh and btw how come nobody is losing/loosing his shit with this new BBLR video? it's brutal af... can't wait to watch it on my super ultra sized TV back at home...

I dunno, I have to say it didn't blow me away as much as I thought it would. Maybe it was the preliminary pics that looked so nice and crisp and colorful leading me to expect something different (the old middle school face-and/or-ass-on-the-school photocopier gag taken to dizzying new heights basically) and the Aphex/Weirdcore combo in general raising unreasonable expectations (especially after I was totally gobsmacked by the "Collapse" vid and love the live stuff) so that the end result felt a bit too close to those X-Mix videos from the 90s or some clever foobar visualizer. Don't know if I'm alone with this, and maybe it was a conscious decision to go for a sort of retro look, but it just didn't really gel with me. I've only watched it the once though, perhaps it needs to be digested a little more and will become a beautiful friend in the long run like the track itself already has.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

Fuck every opinion in this thread. Inner city guy crouched between shopping carts ? is the authority on this Aphex shit now. I haven’t heard anything outside of the lead single yet but I KNOW this is the most accurate take.

peace

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hail Sagan said:

Fuck every opinion in this thread. Inner city guy crouched between shopping carts ? is the authority on this Aphex shit now. I haven’t heard anything outside of the lead single yet but I KNOW this is the most accurate take.

peace

Wait, is that the renaissance fair guy from Love on the Spectrum? If yes, that's quite the reinvention. The things we do for love, eh?

30 minutes ago, IDEM said:

I dunno, I have to say it didn't blow me away as much as I thought it would. Maybe it was the preliminary pics that looked so nice and crisp and colorful leading me to expect something different (the old middle school face-and/or-ass-on-the-school photocopier gag taken to dizzying new heights basically) and the Aphex/Weirdcore combo in general raising unreasonable expectations (especially after I was totally gobsmacked by the "Collapse" vid and love the live stuff) so that the end result felt a bit too close to those X-Mix videos from the 90s or some clever foobar visualizer. Don't know if I'm alone with this, and maybe it was a conscious decision to go for a sort of retro look, but it just didn't really gel with me. I've only watched it the once though, perhaps it needs to be digested a little more and will become a beautiful friend in the long run like the track itself already has.

Ha x-mix I thought the same thing partyzone 94

• Facepalm 1

38 minutes ago, IDEM said:

I dunno, I have to say it didn't blow me away as much as I thought it would  ... the end result felt a bit too close to those X-Mix videos from the 90s or some clever foobar visualizer. Don't know if I'm alone with this, 

Yeah definitely reminded me of Winamp type visualisations too, that or those 4/8/64 kilobyte demoscene thingamies:

• Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, IDEM said:

Wait, is that the renaissance fair guy from Love on the Spectrum? If yes, that's quite the reinvention. The things we do for love, eh?

IDK. I subbed though. 

• Like 1

the best electronic music videos were made in the 90's...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amp_(TV_series)

this video is a monstrosity, I think u need to watch it closely... there's so much things happening at the same time that u don't know where to look at... endless morphing...

and what's the deal with the bed bug? ? creepy af...

1 hour ago, IDEM said:

43 minutes ago, Mattthegoone said:

Ha x-mix I thought the same thing partyzone 94

36 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

Yeah definitely reminded me of Winamp type visualisations too, that or those 4/8/64 kilobyte demoscene thingamies:

and why are those necessarily bad things?

if it was a vaporwave video I bet you would love it...

I don't think any of us are saying it's necessarily a bad thing, just that it's not something worthy of  'losing/loosing our shit' about and don't really see it as 'brutal af'.

I didn't think it was particularly good but I didn't at all think it was bad, just that it reminded me visually of the x-mix vids that used to be on mtv partyzone in the 90s.

I should watch it again because the quality on the "live" youtube stream was crap, Weirdcore posted a clip of it and it looked much better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

Yeah, it's brilliant!!

36 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

don't really see it as 'brutal af'

I think it's brilliant. But not the best thing ever for sure.

1 hour ago, cruising for burgers said:

what's the deal with the bed bug? ? creepy af...

Now that I agree with!

what's the best contact for warp via email? i've tried to ask about the CD packaging for this release, as it's got no insert or edge to hold the disc in and it falls out. getting nor reply, tried twice. the bleep store said they'd pass along word on my behalf. no real joy so far. anyone help?