IGNORED

WAPP480

spunktronics

4 minutes ago, DucksOpinion said:

5,6,7 & 8 are the same tracks as 1,2,3 & 4 but with OMC mastering in the title.

9 is so fucking good.

oh you're right thanks... this fkn Warp Store site is so hard to navigate...

4 minutes ago, eye said:

+ you don’t get the omc tracks if you bought straight from Warp and not the Afx store

wait what? those are 2 different stores? I thought there was Bleep and Warp Store/ Aphex Store...

anyway I bought from aphex store so I'm in the clear...

anyone get any joy asking about the poor state of the packaging on the CD and vinyl? 

i've tried, no response from the label. so many email addresses to try, just picked out the most relevant looking one. 

20 minutes ago, trying to be less rude said:

so, is the prophecy fulfilled? 3 vinyls? 

would love digital vinyls of the 2... 

any reason to hope for more?

what's with this new trend of calling digital vinyls to digital files (wav, flac)? or am I missing something?

Edited by cruising for burgers

41 minutes ago, Adamovich said:

I'd love to see those pics extracted from the app, probably dozens of them..

There are a bunch of mp4s of the animated art and a lot of images but they're all just bits of larger images. This was also in the files, not sure if it was posted already.

InARoom7F760.mp4 Edited by DavieAddison
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 1

2 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

what's with this new trend of calling digital vinyls to digital files (wav, flac)? or am I missing something?

what should i call it

Edited by trying to be less rude
  • Burger 1

7 hours ago, DavieAddison said:

There are a bunch of mp4s of the animated art and a lot of images but they're all just bits of larger images. This was also in the files, not sure if it was posted already.

nice! i recognise many of those visuals from the live shows

9 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

Can't remember what release it was on (Analord maybe ?) but I believe it was a WATMM 'taking the piss' term (see also 'nulls') referring to a music file as 'digital vinyls' (I believe it might actually be spelled: 'digital vinals')

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mcbpete said:

Can't remember what release it was on (Analord maybe ?) but I believe it was a WATMM 'taking the piss' term (see also 'nulls') referring to a music file as 'digital vinyls' (I believe it might actually be spelled: 'digital vinals')

Earliest occurrence, by none other than you?

• Thanks 2

Nah must've been before that - I'm assuming my 'sorry' was in reference to its (then) overuse. It might've come about originally from that guy who posted progress in EKT of construction of  wooden acoustic panels, and then ripped into everyone for not appreciating the nulls (and would post continually posts tracks at something like 81% speed for some reason). I could be wrong but I thought it might've been the same person that referred to the Analord .flac releases when they were briefly available on Rephlex as 'digital vinyls/vinals'

Was is maybe this thread ? 

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

all that talk about the Analord wav's make me think of his Soundclound how he always uploads the masters there. 
I checked on Love 7 but no download option for that one 

It is a myth

On 9/7/2023 at 7:49 PM, mcbpete said:

Nah must've been before that - I'm assuming my 'sorry' was in reference to its (then) overuse. It might've come about originally from that guy who posted progress in EKT of construction of  wooden acoustic panels, and then ripped into everyone for not appreciating the nulls (and would post continually posts tracks at something like 81% speed for some reason). I could be wrong but I thought it might've been the same person that referred to the Analord .flac releases when they were briefly available on Rephlex as 'digital vinyls/vinals'

Was is maybe this thread ? 

Man the OCD on display in the linked autechre thread there was wild. (null)

I wish he had put Soog E on this release. It would have elevated it to undisputed God status. And up there with Come To Daddy as one of the best electronic EPs ever, along with Garbage and In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country. That tune is fucking immense, and short, just like the rest of the tracks on WAPP480. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

I actually woke up last night at 2.20am and had Soog E instantly rolling around my consciousness. There's a specific part which has hooked right into my brain (it's the bit that appears at 35 seconds). Then of course the Cornish Gremlin says in that addictive voice Rrrrrrichuuuurd. I actually couldn't get back to sleep for over an hour, and went out into the garden just in my underpants and dig out a pouch of old tobacco and have a roll up to calm myself down as this tune was really eating into my brain. Too much going on at fucking 3.30am mate for my liking as I get up at 5am. Anyway I calmed down and went off to sleep (this is truth I don't make up stories on a Monday evening)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, cern said:

all that talk about the Analord wav's make me think of his Soundclound how he always uploads the masters there. 
I checked on Love 7 but no download option for that one 

It is a myth

we got digitals for those, you know. they're out there. just not sold anywhere, anymore. those 64 tracks are really good to shuffle through.

Edited by trying to be less rude
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, beerwolf said:

I actually woke up last night at 2.20am and had Soog E instantly rolling around my consciousness. There's a specific part which has hooked right into my brain (it's the bit that appears at 35 seconds). Then of course the Cornish Gremlin says in that addictive voice Rrrrrrichuuuurd. I actually couldn't get back to sleep for over an hour, and went out into the garden just in my underpants and dig out a pouch of old tobacco and have a roll up to calm myself down as this tune was really eating into my brain. Too much going on at fucking 3.30am mate for my liking as I get up at 5am. Anyway I calmed down and went off to sleep (this is truth I don't make up stories on a Monday evening)

33rpm or 45? i dare u to listen at @45...

• Haha 1