IGNORED

WAPP480

spunktronics

the tracks posted by 6wjwnbAE.... on soulseek are at 33rpm but the vinyl is 45 right?

there is another set by user darklingdv that are faster (presumably correct)

4 hours ago, Qeta said:

I like where Zin2 Test5 and In A Room7 F760 are going, then they just sort of end prematurely.  If he'd fleshed them out a bit more would have been fully onboard.  Still pretty good tracks though.  Hopefully more to come.

I am thinking of this EP as is sort of a cheetah-like EP or something, where rich is like, "yeah, sorry WARP, LP is still not quite ready, these tracks don't quite work on the album I'm building but kind of work together and have a level of polish where they are worth releasing to the public as a nice self-contained EP. Here ya go." Which overall I think is great, personally. I would rather hear them than not hear them, but I can see how folks might get disappointed because they put a lot of hype into them and it's like, ok these aren't really what I was hoping the last few years of creative effort culminated in.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cern said:

My favorite track (Track 2) is also the shortest but I guess it is a good thing just short but to the point! 

Really looking forward to hearing this one! We seem to have similar taste in Aphex tracks.

• Like 1

4 solid tracks. Nothing more, nothing less (to my ears). Didn't hear a single middle finger in this, which I appreciate as it's so damn short. There also seems to be a theme throughout.. sort of like Cheetah. I have a feeling the voice elements are very weirdly or difficultly produced and he is showing that off. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bubba69 said:

but I can see how folks might get disappointed because they put a lot of hype into them and it's like, ok these aren't really what I was hoping the last few years of creative effort culminated in.

Next thing will be a double album, completely unannounced, catching all of us neckbeards off guard.

• Like 2
  • Big Brain 1

6 hours ago, DavieAddison said:

Yeah they both feel like slightly more polished but not finished Field Day LP tracks.

Is that for the goldfish generation? He did it on this, field day, barcelona but when I think back he's doing it years drukqs, analord 1 etc, at live shows he regularly plays 2 or 3 min tracks, I'm thinkin he just likesmixingitupgeneralconcensusofteninvolvespeoplesayingthattheydontlikeitandyearslatersayingitsgreat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pirtek said:

Really looking forward to hearing this one! We seem to have similar taste in Aphex tracks.

Yes I think all the tracks are good futuristic and funky style. Not his best stuff but for sure it shows he is still in the game 

I can't help to think that this is just a part of something bigger that is coming up. Let's pray for that! :beer:

• Like 1

I w

23 minutes ago, Mattthegoone said:

I think we are going to get an album after this tour, no real rhyme or reason as to why he was also playing new tracks left right and centre last tour its just a hunch

I hope so! I just hope the price tag is under $27.00 It would actually be funny if the next LP was cheaper than BLR21f. 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Ivan Ooze said:

Is it just me or is it since the existence of afx that when he drops some shit, people say it's meh 

Yet here we are on a friggin idm forum in 2023

Idk, I guess after years of silence and the occasional EP… I find it hard to get excited about another short release from Rich. 

I already said my piece on that I think this new ep is too expensive. I bought 2 copies of it off the bat and I love it having heard 3 of the tracks already played out. I bought 2 copies in the slipmat bundles. I think warp are going heavy on fans but I'd be happy to know if Weirdcore has been paid a few bob for the diorama artwork on it. To get a 25 track double album including a load of the amazing tracks from the last 2 tours and new stuff would be a dream come true. He has the makings of one his best there, very possibly his best with some great new tracks

Warp already fucked up my delivery method on it again this time, they did the same last time, they're lucky he's so good or I'd have given up on them

12 hours ago, cern said:

Is the "Blackbox" confirmed to be the Cirklon seq? 

clearly a play on black box flight recorder. Not sure if it's actually talking about gear. but also this exists and I know is quite popular amongst hardware folks https://1010music.com/product/blackbox

EDIT: ok it definitely is cirklon, because the sticker inside the album is a picture of cirklon lcd screen

Edited by Bubba69

5 hours ago, cern said:

Yes I think all the tracks are good futuristic and funky style. Not his best stuff but for sure it shows he is still in the game 

I can't help to think that this is just a part of something bigger that is coming up. Let's pray for that! :beer:

Agreed, I think there'll be more to come!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mattthegoone said:

To get a 25 track double album including a load of the amazing tracks from the last 2 tours and new stuff would be a dream come true. He has the makings of one his best there, very possibly his best with some great new tracks

That would be a dream come true and is a possibility. Surely it's got to happen!! ??

7 hours ago, Mattthegoone said:

He did it on this, field day, barcelona but when I think back he's doing it years drukqs, analord 1 etc, at live shows he regularly plays 2 or 3 min tracks, I'm thinkin he just likesmixingitupgeneralconcensusofteninvolvespeoplesayingthattheydontlikeitandyearslatersayingitsgreat

6 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

Is it just me or is it since the existence of afx that when he drops some shit, people say it's meh 

Yet here we are on a friggin idm forum in 2023

6 hours ago, Mattthegoone said:

I think we are going to get an album after this tour, no real rhyme or reason as to why he was also playing new tracks left right and centre last tour its just a hunch

:aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign:

• Like 2