IGNORED

WAPP480

spunktronics

9 hours ago, Mattthegoone said:

It always happens Ivan, DrukQs and the Analord series were the same it's definitely not anything new

Truth. Both DrukQs and Analord were met with the same meh response. Now they are considered classics. Looking forward to tomorrow when the whole thing drops and I have 3 unheard (as far as I know) Aphex tracks to listen to ?

I do hope more is on the way because I’m feeling greedy wolf ? 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 4

i've asked bleep / warp about a potential issue with CD sleeve. no response other than bleep saying they'll  pass it along. no edge on either side of where disc is held, no inner sleeve. tale the wrapping off and disc slides out as it's too wide. cheapest looking CD presentation ive seen in some years.

975982614_logboybblrsleevecd.jpg

10 minutes ago, logboy said:

i've asked bleep / warp about a potential issue with CD sleeve. no response other than bleep saying they'll  pass it along. no edge on either side of where disc is held, no inner sleeve. tale the wrapping off and disc slides out as it's too wide. cheapest looking CD presentation ive seen in some years.

975982614_logboybblrsleevecd.jpg

If there's no Japanese jewel case version, I'm not going up bother with the cd.

1 hour ago, beerwolf said:

Both DrukQs and Analord were met with the same meh response. Now they are considered classics.

Exactly!!

11 hours ago, Bubba69 said:

clearly a play on black box flight recorder. Not sure if it's actually talking about gear. but also this exists and I know is quite popular amongst hardware folks https://1010music.com/product/blackbox

EDIT: ok it definitely is cirklon, because the sticker inside the album is a picture of cirklon lcd screen

I kinda image it as, the sequencer becomes an object that contains a type of record of the user's "life."
When he passes on, the sequences (information) recorded in it will live on as a record of some aspect (musical data-stream) of his life, much like a flight-recorder box in a plane, recording data of the "life" of the plane.

The outro of the main track has me picturing him sitting on a camp chair at sunrise, smoking a spliff, sequencer in his lap, reflecting and programming.

Or maybe it's just some black-mirror shit.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

11 minutes ago, cern said:

28 July 12:15 AM now where I live.

Where is the release? 

the world does not revolve around you cern

ps: UK midnight time is in 5 1/2 hours I believe

Edited by chronical
  • Like 1

I like it, though as an entire package it strikes me as odd. Feels like it would go on an Analord compilation type thing. 'Analord 2 - Disc 01'

Interesting how it's the most maximalist Aphex cover art but the most minimalist music released since Analord.

Reminds me at times of EOD in terms of sound choice and melody. Also reminds me at times of the music off Goldeneye 64 and  Perfect Dark on Nintendo 64.

Rfcpt8 should have been on there. Even if it came from a different setup. Maybe even afxfme. I do find it interesting how the EP sounds very EOD, and Rfcpt8/afxfme sounds like Richard. 

zin2 test5 is disappointing because it feels like it could be twice as long very easily while being further developed. The softly driving rhythm/melody is cool. I kinda wanna remix it and do just that.

I dig tracks from 2019 live sets, and the fact that none of them were on here tells me there is more to come. He could easily make 3 or 4 EPs of this length and quality strictly off of what he played in 2019, and it's 4 years on from that. So like I said, the EP strikes me as odd if it really will be the only thing we get for another few years. 

I AM still happy to get anything.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, chronical said:

the world does not revolve around you cern

ps: UK midnight time is in 5 1/2 hours I believe

I thought you now me by now.. I always being a jerk for laughs! 

I think it will be nice to have a good listen in my closed back headphones and lossless tracks. 
Im not picky on what time it being released.. Im gonna listen after work finish. Really good start on the weekend!

Man if he can come in on SC and drop 2-3 new tracks then I will never complain again

Spoiler

:trollface:

Edit: Nice Artwork! please upload that inner sleeve art thank you! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cern said:

Im gonna listen after work finish. 

Me too. Can't wait up, I'm on an early shift and don't want to half listen at work. If the vinyl arrives tomorrow, I'll play that for my first listen. Exciting!!

Edited by Pirtek
  • Like 2

Just now, Pirtek said:

Me too. Can't wait up, I'm on an early shift and don't want to half listen at work. If the vinyl arrives tomorrow, I'll play that for my first listen. Exciting!!

I hope it's a flawless one! I still haven't listen to the Collapse EP Limited 12" I got. I heard some of them had some minor crackles. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cern said:

28 July 12:15 AM now where I live.

Where is the release? 

UTC - right now it's the 27th 19:50

or if we go by London time it's the 27th 20:50

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/uk/london

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cern said:

I hope it's a flawless one! I still haven't listen to the Collapse EP Limited 12" I got. I heard some of them had some minor crackles. 

Yeah, luckily my Limited Collapse Vinyl was ok!

• Like 1

Oh shit… app update has some dope shit. 
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/yxbozxh0d2lu/id6449086797

“BBLR21F MENGER SPONGE”

… wish I could post the gif from the preview. 

Just now, DavieAddison said:

The app updated to show an AR animation when you scan the artwork

:cisfor:

that is what I’m talking about (we posted at the same time :emotawesomepm9:)

Haha that’s fucking amazing ? 

(I didn’t realise there was an app)

(no big brain ?)

(just got it)

(whoop whoop)

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1