IGNORED

WAPP480

spunktronics

Vinyl arrived just in time, I have acquired the HDigis and will now proceed to listen the absolute shit out of them. Today, all is well in ID(E)M land. Thx, Blorp!

No one asked for my opinion but I’ll tell you anyway: the EP is awesome. Love the more mellow/melancholic vibe. The use of reverb. The chords. The pads. The details. Maybe I’m a really shallow person but this release feels… deep? There’s an emotional connection here that I haven’t felt since MARCHROMT30a Edit 2b 96 GURGRL Assvibe 30 dps Mix Mania 3.0 v33 Gwriidmslsclop.

I’ll be playing this on repeat today. And tomorrow. Maybe forever. More please!

PS. Fave track is Room. I might enjoy the 22 version more than the original. It’s a psychedelic mind gobbler. 

Edited by jejunum
  • Like 3

Would love to hear all of it on a really massive high-quality system, not on my Megaboom or my headphones - hopefully the sound quality is good at Field Day

I'm on holiday but hopefully my CD will be there when I get home. Can I dl the digitals from the AFX store or do I have to buy them also?

(I purchased the CD from the AFX store)

15 minutes ago, hoggy said:

Would love to hear all of it on a really massive high-quality system, not on my Megaboom or my headphones - hopefully the sound quality is good at Field Day

i listened to it on my brothers. bryston pre and power amps. didn't improve it. i did the same with syro when that came out. the mixes are all over the place on that. sounded intentional, as though scraped from across many years of work.

Title track is the one I like the least. Parallax Mix is pretty great, In a room7 F760 is extremely cool funky' Phex and zin2 test5 reminds me of Bliss 2d G-Major [140.52 BPM], which I still hope will get a proper release someday.

Thanks for the B-day present Richard.

• Like 3

I ordered the Japanese version from Tower Records - the bonus goodies varied slightly depending on where you ordered it from.

The record unopened:

Unopened.jpg

Japanese text talking about Aphex and the record - I haven't read it yet. On the flipside of that was a lovely graphic!

1910089110_JapaneseText.jpg

1396668230_JapaneseTextflipside.jpg

And the bonus buttons/pins

buttons.jpg

Have we talked about this text on the artwork? they could be track names...

200232432_tracknames.jpg

• Like 15

33 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

I ordered the Japanese version from Tower Records - the bonus goodies varied slightly depending on where you ordered it from.

The record unopened:

Unopened.jpg

Japanese text talking about Aphex and the record - I haven't read it yet. On the flipside of that was a lovely graphic!

buttons.jpg

200232432_tracknames.jpg

Very nice!!!

• Like 1

Fucking lol

I’m a very happy wolf today because it’s a good day to be an Aphex fan. It’s a bit of a buzz to be honest. Feeling that a ticket to Field Day and all the ball ache malarkey that it involves could be on the cards….

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

The record unopened:

Unopened.jpg

buttons.jpg

200232432_tracknames.jpg

Nice ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chenGOD said:

The record unopened:

Unopened.jpg

buttons.jpg

200232432_tracknames.jpg

tiny black cube does seem like another bread crumb, possibly.

IMG_1859.jpeg

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

tiny black cube does seem like another bread crumb, possibly.

IMG_1859.jpeg

I can't get the AR to work! Maybe I need to update the app...

• Like 1

Really love this e.p...only complaint is its far to short! Would love a full album in this style...though think good chancel there more stuff on the horizon ? 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Adamovich said:

Cirklon samples probably...but hey let's specultate! New version of cuckoo? Woohoo!

Cirklon is a sequencer. Maybe it's a rebuilt version since there are tons of refubrished ABB3-5 grooves scattered across recent gigs

like this one

Edited by kausto
  • Like 3

Great EP, a bit short but I try not to complain about RDJs output after the SC dump. I'm ok paying for a short EP if in my head it helps subsidize SC dump material, past and future. Love the vibe on this one, I'll listen to this quite a bit and maybe be a bit frustrated I have to flip the record so quickly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kausto said:

Cirklon is a sequencer. Maybe it's a rebuilt version since there are tons of refubrished ABB3-5 grooves scattered across recent gigs

like this one

On a sidenote: I would be very happy if his records released on Rephlex were available (digital format) in his bleep store. Probably some legal sh$t why that's difficult. But I can still hope...

• Like 3