IGNORED

NRSB-11 - Commodified + S/T EP + tote bag (WéMè, Disciples reissue bundle)

dcom

Clearly that's not right, I thought I saw bleep claim exclusivity to their sales, bleep are selling the repress vinyl 4lp box set black vinyl of Undiagnosed on Weme for 91euro, it was 25euro on Weme's site the other week, until nefarious shite like that stops happening I'll question it. I'm a bleep customer there's no blaming the tory government on shitehog gouging behaviour like that

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

I'm genuinely not meaning to have a go at them, or furthur who are charging a silly price for the new jodey kendrick ep, it's a general trend that I know that I'm feeling the brunt of as a customer of all of them, where does it stop, driving people to piracy seems to be where in my eyes, I don't want that, I value the artform I know that it's tough for musicians who make the music that I love, I don't think any of them should be happy with retailers doing this either, your music is only as good as what people will happily pay for it, don't drive it all into direct digital sales and risk shitty emotionless ai music coming to the fore in the coming years, nobody wants that, a world without record shops and workers who know their music would be an awful place, everybody listening to what a robot says is good based on it selling well in countries that haven't a clue, this needs a nail on the head fast

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I quickly checked a couple of online vinyl shops, and it seems to me that the Bleep designations for these releases are correct, the album is an upfront exclusive i.e. it's available now from Bleep, other shops have it available for pre-order/forthcoming, and the Bleep exclusive EP is not available from anywhere else. Disciples is, after all, a Warp sublabel, and you can pre-order their CD reissue of the album - with all the tracks from the album and EP - from their Bandcamp.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 1:47 PM, species8472 said:

i have a feeling there is no standard edition. but i could be wrong. 

Pretty sure there won't be any in the short term, I saw a comment from Disciples on IG where they said something closer to the original packaging could be coming out next year. I couldn't resist but ordering both right away, love these records too much.

Digging this, esp. after initially slipping under my radar like so much of Heinrich's werk.

Does anyone else taste the rich, bacon-y ironics when juxtaposing the the themes of this album and themes of this thread?

• Like 1

My tote bag arrived yesterday. The bag feels a little on the small size, though the strap length is good. The fabric and print are okay.

Tested it out and I managed to get 5 gatefold LPs in, along with the 2 records that came with the bag. I wouldn't feel comfortable adding any more in. 

Not sure I'd use this bag for groceries or general shopping. I think you'd be okay using it for a light shop at Tesco's Express or Sainsbury's Local. 

I don't think this tote bag will end up on my end of year list, and in retrospect, £54.99 feels a little steep, even with the inclusion of the bonus vinyl.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...