IGNORED

STOOR ADE 2023

Soloman Tump

No idea where to put this on the forum. But it should be heard and viewed by anyone with a passing interest in modern electronics / techno.

A 7- hour recording from Paradiso Amsterdam 21/10/2023, featuring Surgeon, Blawan,  JakoJako, Speedy J and Pariah, all performing in a very impressive and seamless live jam.  Awesome visuals too.

The first hour alone is full of some jaw dropping awesomeness.

Also: no phones policy! Everyone be dancing. Lovely to see. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It looked like Speedy J (in the middle) had a master mixer and was bringing stuff in from both sides of the table, so he was basically DJing between their live sets. Or so it looked to me. 

Karenn (Blawan and Parish) on the right, Surgeon and JJ on the left. 

That made my otherwise awful Monday back at work fantastic 😍

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

no phones policy

idk i saw plenty of phones in the first 10 minutes. looked like a few pro cameras too but that's not surprising with the amount of production put into the show. the cameras pulsing/shaking along with the bass is a nice effect tho, cool vibe.

about 9 minutes in before it starts really going. gets some Incunabula vibes around there.

4 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

It looked like Speedy J (in the middle) had a master mixer and was bringing stuff in from both sides of the table, so he was basically DJing between their live sets. Or so it looked to me.

only a few minutes in here but i think that's right...looks like each side has their own mixer too so they may be sub-mixing as a pair and then feeding it to Speedy J. ends up being a cool idea, sorta like a dance crew supergroup? lol

i think Speedy's been doing that with the Stoor studio sets over the last few years, where's it's often "Speedy J + Surgeon (or whoever)" playing live together either in person or virtually so this is seems an extension of that.

• 2 months later...

I've been really enjoying these sets, as well as the other things like the Stay at Home collaborations on the Stoor channel.  A real range of different sounds and textures.

On 11/7/2023 at 1:14 AM, auxien said:

ends up being a cool idea, sorta like a dance crew supergroup? lol

Isn't that what Circle of Live have been doing all along though?

50 minutes ago, IDEM said:

Isn't that what Circle of Live have been doing all along though?

literally never heard of them. i know almost nothing regarding actual dance culture :cat:

15 hours ago, auxien said:

literally never heard of them. i know almost nothing regarding actual dance culture :cat:

Well, I guess they do have a bit of an SEO problem. 🦁👑 But they're a live supergroup consisting of Sebastian Mullaert, Âme, Djrum, Dorisburg, Mathew Jonson, Neel, Andreas Tilliander, Neel, Vril and many others, and they're well worth your time.

Check this out, wonderful set, even if the location is a bit over the top (gun):

Here's one with a bigger lineup. Does my head in, absolutely fascinating.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

1 hour ago, user said:

Stoor/Circle of Live/Narod Niki collab when???

Ha, Narod Niki, I'd totally forgotten about them! But they're not active anymore, are they? Would be a cool sight, all of them combined, 20-odd people on stage jammin' out. :dadjoke: