IGNORED

Silent Servant - In Memoriam (Tresor)

• 1 month later...

This is too fucking sad. Been a fan of most stuff since Negative Fascination and always admired the consistency in and around the music. Plus, he was an incredible DJ, blew my mind twice – I was lucky to be on the lineup of the last one, though some damned delays didn't allow more than a few minutes with him, you could tell he was an enchanting person. Huge loss.

It seems that Mendez's wife, Simone Ling (Parallel Distortion), and their friend, Luis Vasquez (The Soft Moon), have died as well. Dave Clarke posted about them on IG, and there are speculations of fentanyl overdose over on Reddit. The RA article has also been updated. Really sad.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

RIP. bummer. 

edit: doh! already posted in the thread up there

damn. seems like maybe some kind of accident but no details.. he didn't go alone. 

He died in January 2024 at only 47 years old alongside his partner Simone Ling and collaborator Luis Vasquez of the band The Soft Moon, as confirmed by his label.

https://wealthypeeps.com/silent-servant-death-cause-and-obituary/

Edited by ignatius

I think one of the problems is that even if you can test for anything, you can't test for strength/dosage; fentanyl's LD50 is 2 mg, which is a tiny amount, and if it's carfentanil, it's 1/100 of that. You can't measure for them with street paraphernalia, so if you're taking opioids from an untested source, all bets are off. Synthetic opioids are nasty AF.

Edited by dcom

Oh my god dead really?? Wtf! I saw him live playing and it was the best Techno set ever 

He flipped the 12'' like a OG master!  

Man this is sad.. Rip 

3 hours ago, species8472 said:

people say those don’t work. who knows. 

have heard of people testing locally and letting a dealer know to fuck off because fentanyl showed up in tests. so, there must be a way. if not dancesafe then something. 

Risky business taking class A drugs the wrong side of 40. I couldn't imagine still dealing with that shit nowadays. Both psychologically and physically. The hell I endured from age 32 to 38 was enough to kill most people. Luckily I have the constitution of a ox and I'm still here. That's no exaggeration. 

RIP

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1