IGNORED

Post your favourite 303 lines

NewSchoolScience

5 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

Nice one :ok: Also has some of my favourite snappy 909 action. Very tasty this whole album.

"Dedicated Loop" belongs on here too.

posting some selection 16 was next on my list. fav sqrpshr 4 sure

• Like 2

If I had to explain Acid to someone, this is what I'd use as an illustrative example:

No one (with the possible exception of Tin Man) makes the 303 sing as woefully as Mr. Hawtin.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IDEM said:

Lol I was thinking of this track as well but couldn't remember what it was called. It's definitely a textbook "303 demo" for anyone wondering what that is, but... is it a great 303 line? Not at all lol it's a single note/octaves, about as boring and uncreative as it gets :trollface:  IMO

Spoiler

See also:

Edited by toaoaoad

54 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

Lol I was thinking of this track as well but couldn't remember what it was called. It's definitely a textbook "303 demo" for anyone wondering what that is, but... is it a great 303 line? Not at all lol it's a single note/octaves, about as boring and uncreative as it gets :trollface:  IMO

Hide contents

See also:

Define "line".

great thread ! lots of tracks I approve, and bookmarking lots of unknown stuff (thanks dudes !)

not much to add that hasn't been posted yet,

...or maybe, of course, pakard by plastikman. .....there's probably two 303 building the main line in this tracks. always wondered if only one or two. 303 is monophonic so I'll say two of them, but it might be only one with overlapping notes due to delay / reverb mixing.   I do think there's two devices anyway.    ..... it's a masterpiece anyway.

Edited by neurone
  • Like 1

here’s one you probably don’t know already

According to chatGPT.
While generating the answer the funniest thing happened. It sort of crashed and started over again. Interestingly, the point it crashed, it tried to write fsol papua new ginnea into the list. I guess chatGPT was reading my facial expression. Because I was like “WTF/LOL”. Which is code for “ I’m an IDM geek and I know what I’m talking about “ . 

The Roland TB-303 is a legendary analog bass synthesizer that gained fame in the late 1980s for its role in the creation of acid house music. Here are some iconic tracks that showcase the best use of the Roland TB-303:

1. **Phuture - "Acid Tracks" (1987):** Often considered the track that kickstarted the acid house genre, "Acid Tracks" by Phuture heavily features the TB-303's squelchy and resonant basslines.

2. **808 State - "Flow Coma" (1987):** This track by 808 State incorporates the TB-303 in a way that showcases its versatility, combining it with other electronic elements to create a unique sound.

3. **Hardfloor - "Acperience 1" (1992):** Hardfloor is known for their skillful use of the TB-303, and "Acperience 1" is a classic example of their acid techno style.

4. **Josh Wink - "Higher State of Consciousness" (1995):** While not a traditional acid house track, Josh Wink's "Higher State of Consciousness" features a prominent and distorted TB-303 line that became instantly recognizable.

5. **A Guy Called Gerald - "Voodoo Ray" (1988):** This classic acid house track by A Guy Called Gerald features a hypnotic TB-303 line that has become synonymous with the genre.

6. **AFX - "Windowlicker" (1999):** Aphex Twin (AFX) is known for his experimental approach to electronic music, and "Windowlicker" features the TB-303 in a more intricate and complex manner.

7. **Orbital - "Chime" (1989):** Orbital's "Chime" incorporates the TB-303 alongside other synthesizers, creating a melodic and atmospheric track that showcases the 303's range.

8. **Luke Vibert - "I Love Acid" (2003):** Luke Vibert, under the alias Wagon Christ, released "I Love Acid," a track that pays homage to the 303's distinctive sound.

These tracks represent just a small sample of the incredible music produced with the Roland TB-303. The synth's unique and squelchy sound has left an indelible mark on electronic music, especially in the realms of acid house and techno.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Not sure how much is truly 303 here, but figured I'd offer something different than the rest of the thread. I'm sure there's plenty more I could scrounge from the library.

https://beatwife.bandcamp.com/track/jungle-daddy

https://rognvald.bandcamp.com/track/rubbaphlex

https://thegasman.bandcamp.com/track/battery-edit

14 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

"A succession of notes forming a distinctive sequence"

Thank you. Now got to 3.20 min ff. @ above video and enjoy. Or don't. As you please.

Anyway, here are two more classic cuts in celebration of the recent reissue.

Spoiler

Trigger Warning: I hope these qualify as lines, but they might just be pesky "riffs" or measly "hooks".

Ah, sweet melancholy ...

Edit: That Tevo Howard track is dope!

Edited by IDEM
  • Like 1