IGNORED

The Simpsons

Squee

Hey, here's a hot take. The Simpsons was and still is fucking amazing. Season 2-9 are nonstop home runs and it has never been surpassed by any show.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1

1 minute ago, decibal cooper said:

When the hobo becomes a mailbox. I almost shidded myself every time I see this.

And I completely soil myself when they cut back to Whitey Ford lying on the field knocked unconscious by pretzels.

8 minutes ago, YEK said:

Still 🤔

Oh abso-fucking-lutely!

• Haha 4

I heard that when Thomas Pynchon was a guest on The Simpsons, they wanted him to insult Homer in the episode, and he declined, saying that he was unable to insult a man who he viewed as one of his heroes. Fucking legend.

• Like 1

yes the early seasons are gold. but it turned to such shit, which has more or less negated the genius of the whole thing. I've tried numerous times over the years to watch the newer (like post year 2000) eps, and just can't last more than a few minutes. the show probably should have stopped around the time they made the pointless Simpsons movie.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

yes many old gems.. can't remember the last time i watched a new episode though. i thought the movie was pretty funny though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

yes many old gems.. can't remember the last time i watched a new episode though. i thought the movie was pretty funny though. 

I hated the movie. Also, watching The Simpsons with 400 people was awful.

1 hour ago, Squee said:

I hated the movie. Also, watching The Simpsons with 400 people was awful.

lols.. i saw it at home and saw the unedited version that shows bart's dick with great comedic timing. 

11 hours ago, Squee said:

Hey, here's a hot take. The Simpsons was and still is fucking amazing. Season 2-9 are nonstop home runs and it has never been surpassed by any show.

South Park?

Re: The Simpsons: like most, I threw in the towel at around s20 or so. A couple of nights ago, I had a friend over who also used to be a major fan but had long given up on them, and we watched the first two episodes of the new season on a whim for old times' sake. Have to say we both actually enjoyed them a quite a bit; lots of larfs to be had. So yeah, I might just start checking in on them again every once in a while.

On 1/11/2024 at 4:13 AM, Squee said:

This is one of the only true and solid beliefs I still have. It’s just such a flawless genuinely funny show then. Everything worked. Perfect writers. Perfect voices. 
I can’t fuck with anything beyond season 12 or so. 

I can SIIIIIING

Edited by Upset man

1 minute ago, Upset man said:

This is one of the only true and solid beliefs I still have. It’s just such a flawless genuinely funny show then. Everything worked. Perfect writers. Perfect voices. 

I can SIIIIIING

I forgot to include the opening scene with Troy's manager calling him up asking if he's ever heard of "Planet of the Apes". The response is still amazing.

• Like 3

Always switch it off as soon as I can. When I was staying at a backpackers in Australia, everyone would gather in the common room to watch it together (and I mean everyone). Apart from me. Which everyone, including myself, found very amusing. It maybe really good but I'll never know, just does my head in as soon as it starts.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Big Brain 1

Not much to add beyond +1ing how amazing this show was in its S2-S9 prime.

Krusty betting against the Harlem Globetrotters is still one of the funniest things I've ever seen:

Edited by BobDobalina
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, EdamAnchorman said:

Oh fuck! The Canyonero song is fucking amazing. Almost woke my daughter because I was laughing so hard

• Like 2