IGNORED

µ-Ziq - “Grush” June 8th 2024

Hugh Mughnus

No further info atm just a placeholder for the album once it’s announced 🙂.

Will update info accordingly. 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Friendly Stranger said:

Oh shit!! Source?

Top secrete 🥷 

(lol jk saw on a fb exchange between mr P and a fan - was a public post btw, for clarity, it was on his artist page).

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Friendly Stranger said:

Fuck yes! He’s been active lately. Mike P is one of my all time faves for sure. Lunatic Harness is a stone cold classic but I’m secretly a Chewed Corners guy

I’m really happy he has been so active these days. Tons of great choons in the last decade.

I go back to Chewed Corners a lot myself. Really interested in what style this new work will be in. I’m going to start watching some new live sets and see if I can spot potential new trax. 😄 

I think it's a radio show and a record label, and Balmat is a more cchilled out sister label, they put out his 1977 ambient album last year, few lovely tracks on that album

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Mattthegoone said:

I think it's a radio show and a record label, and Balmat is a more cchilled out sister label, they put out his 1977 ambient album last year, few lovely tracks on that album

Interesting! Wonder if the album will be on there then or pmu. 

He had a few nice unreleased tracks on that bleep tape he did at Xmas, I think he said on twitter they were going to be on a new album, my memory is shite though so I can't even remember if they were Mu-ziq or Tusken Raider tracks, he replies to tweets if you wanted to ask him on there

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

spacer.png

1. Reticulum A
2. Hyper Daddy 05:25
3. Fogou
4. Magic Pony Ride (Pt.4)
5. Imperial Crescent
6. Reticulum B
7. Grush
8. Belvedere
9. Raver
10. Windsor Safari Park
11. Hastings
12. Manscape
13. Metaphonk
14. Reticulum C

Mike Paradinas, veteran producer and Planet Mu label owner has written a new album called ‘Grush' and it's full of weird bangers that reclaim the 'dance' part of the woeful term IDM. A back-to-first-principles record, inspired in part by the group of artists IDM was coined for; melodic dance music that didn't come out of urban scenes, but interpreted them from a distance.

The tracks on ‘Grush’ are all road-tested live favorites developed with feedback from Mike's touring partner and visuals guy ID:Mora (Jan Moravec). It's a detailed and energetic journey which replicates the flow of a live gig. A lot of the tracks have been made in hotel rooms in response to shows, ‘Imperial Crescent’ is named after a Japanese Hotel, as is ‘Belvedere’ in Prague, while some tracks such as ‘Hyper Daddy’ were created specifically to play live.

Drums are confidently at the fore here and the album feels like it traces Mike's musical history and interests neatly around his sweetly nostalgic melodies, with atmospheres and structures which twist and turn with a charming softness which contrasts with the tension in the drums. Take ‘Hyper Daddy’s’ spiralling notes and twinkling piano which remind one of early Black Dog or Omni Trio rushing alongside splashy jungle drums, or the aquatic acid footwork of the...  more
credits
releases June 14, 2024

All tracks written and produced by Mike Paradinas. All compositions published by Planet Mu Publishing. Manscape is a remix of Meemo Comma's Cloudscape. Mastered by Beau Thomas at Ten Eight Seven Mastering. Photography and Art by Tyrone Williams.

Limited Edition 500 Glow in the Dark 2 x LP Vinyl with printed inner sleeves + Extra Grush Cassette. 10 exclusive tracks from the Grush sessions, not available anywhere else.

https://planetmu.bleepstores.com/release/450931-ziq-grush

• Like 3

Liking the track but it's nothing revolutionary. Not that Mike has to make music that pushes the boudnaries though. Looking forward to this!

Really liked first 50sec then it kinda lost momentum, still interested to hear the whole thing. 👍