IGNORED

N-064 . ALVA NOTO . HYBR:ID III

Instabuy. Love this series!

https://noton.info/product/n-064/

NOTON IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE RELEASE OF HYBR:ID III, THE THIRD CHAPTER OF ALVA NOTO’S HYBR:ID SERIES INITIATED IN 2021.

HYBR:ID III, CONTINUING THE TRAJECTORY ESTABLISHED BY ITS PREDECESSORS, CRAFTS A SOUNDSCAPE OF MEDITATIVE AND RESONANT TONES. DRAWING INSPIRATION FROM NOH, A TRADITIONAL JAPANESE MUSICAL DRAMA DATING BACK TO THE 14TH CENTURY, THE ALBUM REFLECTS THE GENRE’S DISTINCTIVE RHYTHMIC MOVEMENTS AND ITS NUANCED EXPRESSION OF EMOTIONS THROUGH SUBTLE GESTURES.

“THE HYBR:ID ALBUMS ARE CONCEIVED AS WORLDS. MY FOCUS HAS BEEN ON CRAFTING THEM TO POSSESS A SCULPTURAL QUALITY. EACH COMPOSITION TRANSITIONS INTO THE NEXT. I EMPHASIZE ENGAGING WITH THEM IN THE INTENDED TRACK SEQUENCE, ALLOWING SOUNDS AND STRUCTURES TO REVEAL THEIR FULL DIMENSION”. — CARSTEN NICOLAI

THE HYBR:ID SERIES IS CARSTEN NICOLAI’S ONGOING RESEARCH INTO HETEROGENEOUS COMPOSITIONAL METHODS THAT CONVERGE IN MUSIC FUSING GEOMETRIES, DYSTOPIAS, AND SCIENTIFIC REFERENCES. THE SOUNDS OSCILLATE BETWEEN STYLIZED, DILATED RHYTHMS AND DREAMY ATMOSPHERES GENERATED BY HIGH AND LOW FREQUENCIES.

HYBR:ID III WILL BE RELEASED DIGITALLY AS WELL AS A LIMITED EDITION VINYL AND CD, IN 05 JULY 2024. ACCOMPANYING THE RELEASE WILL BE A BOOKLET FEATURING DRAWINGS AND GRAPHIC SCORES, REPRESENTATIVE OF THE ARTIST’S INTEREST IN NEW SYSTEM OF MUSICAL NOTATION.

HYBR:ID IS PART OF THE EXHIBITION PROGRAM #CHAMBER MUSIC ON VIEW UNTIL AUGUST 25. 2024 AT MACRO MUSEUM, IN ROME, ITALY. THE THIRTEEN COMPOSITIONS CAPTURE THE MUSIC COMMISSIONED TO SCORE BALLET OF (DIS)OBEDIENCE, A PRODUCTION OF SCHAUSPIEL KÖLN AND TANZ KÖLN DIRECTED BY AMERICAN CHOREOGRAPHER RICHARD SIEGAL.

ALBUM ART DESIGNED BY CARSTEN NICOLAI / NIBO
MASTERING BY BO @ CALYX

TRACKLIST:
01. HYBR:ID NOH TALK
02. HYBR:ID SYNC DARK
03. HYBR:ID NOH HUMAN
04. HYBR:ID SYNC INTER
05. HYBR:ID COLLECTIVE OPEN
06. HYBR:ID OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOUR DAY
07. HYBR:ID OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOUR NIGHT
08. HYBR:ID PARA CONTAMINATION
09. HYBR:ID SCRIPT SOLITUDE
10. HYBR:ID SCRIPT SACRE DRONE
11. HYBR:ID SCRIPT BROKEN CONVERSATION
12. HYBR:ID REHUMAN
13. HYBR:ID ÉPILOGUE

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

He has been on an absolute roll the last few years. Very excited to see where this goes.

8 hours ago, Pirtek said:

THE THIRTEEN COMPOSITIONS CAPTURE THE MUSIC COMMISSIONED TO SCORE BALLET OF (DIS)OBEDIENCE, A PRODUCTION OF SCHAUSPIEL KÖLN AND TANZ KÖLN DIRECTED BY AMERICAN CHOREOGRAPHER RICHARD SIEGAL.

No singles for HYbr:ID III yet but samples are already abound: https://wordandsound.net/release/151477-N-064-1-Alva-Noto-HYbrID-III-CD

Edited by someguy
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scaramouche said:

Excellent news. Did he ever say how many releases this series would entail? 

I was just thinking the same thing. Doesn't he normally do these in a three?

Preview's are the usual amazing standard!

8 minutes ago, Pirtek said:

I was just thinking the same thing. Doesn't he normally do these in a three?

Preview's are the usual amazing standard!

Not sure. This series seems tied to commission work for the stage, guess it could go on... Xerrox was mooted as 5 when he released volume 1 a thousand years ago. Please finish the series Mr Nicolai.

Doesn't matter, I'll buy the inevitable slip case when it's announced. The Transall case is still one of my fave little packaging artefacts. 

image.jpeg.ea9fa9cbfba4d71cd3041fabfea0ff36.jpeg

image.jpeg.18b2be5cea47a36e3b33c4a2ab5aab64.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Interesting, I thought he'd mentioned Xerrox 5 was going to be next actually. Looking forward to hearing this, of course!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, purlieu said:

Interesting, I thought he'd mentioned Xerrox 5 was going to be next actually. Looking forward to hearing this, of course!

ahhhh you may be right. And I liked this post! 

With any luck we'll probably get Xerrox v5 by the end of the year too, who knows.

Anyways I don't think this new remix has been shared here yet? Throwing it on the topic for vague relevancy:

• Like 1

After listening to more Alva Noto I realised that I like his stuff a lot more that I was aware of. Looking forward to another gem

• Like 2

On 5/8/2024 at 11:26 AM, someguy said:

With any luck we'll probably get Xerrox v5 by the end of the year too, who knows.

Anyways I don't think this new remix has been shared here yet? Throwing it on the topic for vague relevancy:

this is fantastic - it could go on for another 20 minutes as far as Im concerned. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This whole series (along with Xerrox) has been a hugely important part of my listening since 2020. I've loved the first two so much and still have them in heavy rotation. It's exactly the kind of music I've often been craving over the past few years - sparse atmospheric soundscapes with a ton of textural depth and a satisfying rhythmic ebb and flow. Rrose - Please Touch is another one that works for me in similar ways. I feel like these albums are reflecting something important about where I'm at psychologically these days.

Extremely excited for this!

• Like 3