IGNORED

Squarepusher -- New Album Announced

Guest felttipen

the track is not really good

sounds like his old stuff but it lacks of feelings

some of you compare it to lackluster but i cannot see why it defenitive doesn't sound like lackluster and lackluster stuff has a lot more soul than this track

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lackluster :fear:

so they weren't talking about the artist! lol

my bad

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest version2006
"Modern bass guitar" sounds awesome to me, though the sound quality of the thing is crap. I like how his tracks have gotten more dynamic.

do you know what dynamics are?

I think the new track is fucking superb.

you're squarepusher, for fucks sake, you're supposed to push boundries and do new and interesting things, or at least show amazing skills in programming and bassing.

What?

if someone posted that buffer-override soaked piece of shit in EKT they'd get themselves torn a new asshole.

Err, no.

Guest version2006

new track is great. looking forward to new album.

you're squarepusher, for fucks sake, you're supposed to push boundries and do new and interesting things, or at least show amazing skills in programming and bassing.

people on here say some stupid shit sometimes.

Guest version2006
i swear i hear the Reaktor Squarpusherizer patch i made in that song.

I tried that thing but I have reaktor 5 and it didn't work. is there a newer port?

have you not considered that he is just doing exactly what he wants to do? and not giving a fuckin crap what anyone else thinks of whats cutting edge, or new, or revolutionary, or too cut up, or anything

thats the way music should be

i dont like the tune though

Guest Kazuo

yeah yeah yeah.... the time has come :D

returned from vacations today and the news filled me with pure joy.

kinda reminds me of anstromm-feck 4, especially the first minutes, the melody, the bass sound, and this fm-style sound when he messes around with the drums. really really cool. the chords that come in later are pretty nice. there are also elements of the venus17 sound in it - thinking of this oldschool-drumbreak that is embedded in the basic pattern.

i can't wait to listen to the album. i don't think the whole album will sound like this one song... having in mind the extreme variety of styles that his albums have, especially ultravisitor. nevertheless i hope that there will be more tracks with a catchy sound like this one, not so much noise-soundscapes and "filler" tracks as they are on ultravisitor.

Guest The Ghost of Roald Dahl

after considering the lead-out tracks from UV, like abacus 2 and venus no. 17 (acid and regular) as well as squarewindow,

shit, i'm looking forward to a new record :cool:

abacus 2 is still one of my absolute favorite ->[] trax

Guest Kazuo

@llazy: abacus2 was on the extended version of the squarewindow promo disk i think. nice thing. squarewindow (the song) was damn good indeed, at least as good as the best songs on ultravisitor.

modern bass guitar is really cool imo, the drums are a bit lame in the beginning (but get better and better) and the resemblance to anstromm-feck-4 is pretty strong, but i like it much more than anstromm. as ian smith said - it's some sort of a "banger" track, but i am glad that he does something like this again, it's freakin good. the right music to listen to in a car. it's amazing how he tweaks around with the main melody. it's obvious that the melody was programmed with a bass-to-midi-interface or something, sounds very funky and dynamic.

Not his best, but not quite his worst either. Nothing new, but he's jazz band by modern electronic music standards altogether anyway, I'd hate for him to try to "innovate" and turn to shit.

"The Modern Bass Guitar" takes it's name from the totally unrelated scheme to make all McDonalds restaurants self -sustaining. The plan is to present each female customer within the age range of 13- 45 with a free, brand new iPod with each purchase. Throughout the year, the value and sophistication of each iPod presented is to be increased, such as to induce and perpetuate a state of chronic jealousy in the clientele. The heat produced by each customer is to be collected by subtly positioned heat exchangers, each capable of producing up to 10kW every hour from an averagely irritated woman, and a peak power of 30kW from verbal abuse and physically manifested rage. This coupled with the background frustration at eating food which gives you cancer, costs a lot of money and smells like a nappy should set McDonalds well on the way to powering every deep -crap fryer with misery. Alchemy is acheived - muck into gold (and then back into muck).

Guest Replicant

Maybe if he'd spend less time talking about how knowledgeable and talented he is, he could put more energy into making some fucking tolerable music.

Maybe if he'd spend less time talking about how knowledgeable and talented he is, he could put more energy into making some fucking tolerable music.

god man, for fucks sake, just do us all a favor and kill yourself ok?

go listen to one of his dozens of albums or something instead of bitching about some description of a fucking track of his you don't like.

"The Modern Bass Guitar" takes it's name from the totally unrelated scheme to make all McDonalds restaurants self -sustaining. The plan is to present each female customer within the age range of 13- 45 with a free, brand new iPod with each purchase. Throughout the year, the value and sophistication of each iPod presented is to be increased, such as to induce and perpetuate a state of chronic jealousy in the clientele. The heat produced by each customer is to be collected by subtly positioned heat exchangers, each capable of producing up to 10kW every hour from an averagely irritated woman, and a peak power of 30kW from verbal abuse and physically manifested rage. This coupled with the background frustration at eating food which gives you cancer, costs a lot of money and smells like a nappy should set McDonalds well on the way to powering every deep -crap fryer with misery. Alchemy is acheived - muck into gold (and then back into muck).

:ermm:

wtf

tommy the comedian

Fuck my english :( I cant understand a shit of this.

Some ipods and fuckin mcdonalds. Fuck this !!! And.. Tom, WTF ?

PS: How many songs will be in the album? Please someone tell me, i know heres people who knows.

Guest Replicant

god man, for fucks sake, just do us all a favor and kill yourself ok?

go listen to one of his dozens of albums or something instead of bitching about some description of a fucking track of his you don't like.

You're right. Don't do any research on Mr. Jenkension, and don't find out that he is often a pretentious tool when it comes to discussing his music making capabilites. That way you can mindlessly soak up whatever shit he throws at you.

Thats sarcasim, but in all honesty he is a great musician who does harbor amazing skills. I just get frustrated when alot of his work isnt as great as he thinks it is.

Also, although it may be immature of me for doing so, I tend to compare his musicanship to the other WATMM artists, which I admit makes me biased.

You're right. Don't do any research on Mr. Jenkension, and don't find out that he is often a pretentious tool when it comes to discussing his music making capabilites. That way you can mindlessly soak up whatever shit he throws at you.

Thats sarcasim, but in all honesty he is a great musician who does harbor amazing skills. I just get frustrated when alot of his work isnt as great as he thinks it is.

Also, although it may be immature of me for doing so, I tend to compare his musicanship to the other WATMM artists, which I admit makes me biased.

i dont like some things either : ( shall we cry together

Guest Kazuo

wtf... wanted to have another listen to "the modern bass guitar" , but they took it off the warp frontpage... somebody got an idea where to listen to the track now?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived