IGNORED

Squarepusher -- New Album Announced

Guest felttipen

Guest catsonearth

wow. if that track is supposed to get me excited about the new squarepusher album it failed completely. wtf was that bullshit?

you're squarepusher, for fucks sake, you're supposed to push boundries and do new and interesting things, or at least show amazing skills in programming and bassing. that was the most lackluster track i've ever heard, pusher or not. if someone posted that buffer-override soaked piece of shit in EKT they'd get themselves torn a new asshole.

that better be the worst track on the album.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Idiron's Giblets
wow. if that track is supposed to get me excited about the new squarepusher album it failed completely. wtf was that bullshit?

you're squarepusher, for fucks sake, you're supposed to push boundries and do new and interesting things, or at least show amazing skills in programming and bassing. that was the most lackluster track i've ever heard, pusher or not. if someone posted that buffer-override soaked piece of shit in EKT they'd get themselves torn a new asshole.

sadly, i kinda agree with this.

disappointing. not like i dont like it, i love drill'n'bass. im sure ill be playing this lots/getting in on vinyl/djing it. but dayum, it sounds like hes become a stereotype of himself. kinda uninspired and sounds like a regression from ultravisitor. still this is only one track in shit streaming quality and it does get progressivly better.

do you know squarepusher? hope not. :dizzy:

sadly, i kinda agree with this.

disappointing. not like i dont like it, i love drill'n'bass. im sure ill be playing this lots/getting in on vinyl/djing it. but dayum, it sounds like hes become a stereotype of himself. kinda uninspired and sounds like a regression from ultravisitor. still this is only one track in shit streaming quality and it does get progressivly better.

do you know squarepusher? hope not. :dizzy:

i swear i hear the Reaktor Squarpusherizer patch i made in that song. I may be going crazy but the granular pitch changing effects he does on the drum loop sound indentical to the patch i made. I just thought of how rediculous it would be if tom actually used that patch.... a new level of creativity or depravity?

Guest Turncoat Indian

I wish he'd do more stuff like Squarewindow tbh. I've heard enough of his dnb and nothing will ever beat Beep Street, Tomorrow World and Tetra-Sync. Nothing.

i swear i hear the Reaktor Squarpusherizer patch i made in that song. I may be going crazy but the granular pitch changing effects he does on the drum loop sound indentical to the patch i made. I just thought of how rediculous it would be if tom actually used that patch.... a new level of creativity or depravity?

did you read that recent aphex interview? where he told about 'a feedback loop': he used plugins that people made to emulate him ;))

i instantly had to think of you when i read that :)))

Guest nene mcgriff burger

listening to this track makes me happy. how can you not like it? it's so exuberant!

Guest blicero

phillie-t was spot on... this is definitely taking me back to big loada.

i think it's a fucking crime for warp to reduce the quality so much... it sounds like shit.

i think many of us will appreciate this track much more in better quality.

p.s. Chris Clark new album announced as well?!?!?! this is a great day indeed!!!! :wub:

Guest DrHat

holy shit - that kick drum sounds like prodigy

take a listen to music reach (1-2-3-4)

and the pattern sounds like come on my selector

past that, however, it is new to my brain, and i overwhelmingly approve.

TOM CAN PLAY MODERN BASS

holy shit - that kick drum sounds like prodigy

take a listen to music reach (1-2-3-4)

and the pattern sounds like come on my selector

past that, however, it is new to my brain, and i overwhelmingly approve.

TOM CAN PLAY MODERN BASS

modern bass = mutated MIDI'fied bass straight outa outter space? robots and lasers, from the future? robocop carrying a ghost up a spike?

THE QUESTIONS, ALL THOSE QUESTIONS , I'M CONFUSED

where did phillie-t give the lowdown on this new release?

he started some thread about it somewhere in those dark, musky and cow-webbed corners of This Forum a few months ago or some shit, he shouldve sent his HOT INFO STRAIGHT FROM THE SOURCE to the Prive or Story instead

Guest Dr of Quantization
it pretty much sounds exactly like one of the tracks on Do You Know sqpr for half of the song and then it degenerates into something from go plastic

Am I the only one that thinks this track sounds like shit?? Maybe from Phillie-T's explanation I expected better? It sounds like AFX’s Mangle 11… a whole lot of other tracks all rolled into one! Hopefully the other tracks are better!!

Guest cosmonaut
that was the most lackluster track i've ever heard, pusher or not.

that's amazing. i wish that my world was full of incredible music like yours must be, if that's the most lackluster song you've ever heard.

Guest αnalogue ψings

I like the new track. Hooks are a good thing. As is showing (comparative) restraint on the bass. Tom's growing up! :cry:

Well, the drums sound thin and a bit "lackluster", but the bass is totally off the hook. Not the greatest track choice for an album seller in my opinion, but a fun listen anyway. I do wish he'd push himself more in the production department. Why they'd post it at such low quality is beyond me. I'd love to see what he does with this live.

Guest Idiron's Giblets
sounds like the production of Ultravisitor/DYKS crossed with the melodic sensibilities of Big Loada.

you stink of the boc forum. abldadgahsgfd its a laaaazyish song. i think its the new trend by labels to release the simpler but more hectic drill/break stuff for previews. i think this album is gonna be midly 'commercial' but quite polished given the choice of preview. get people excited with some drill programming. im hoping the other tracks will continue the melodic ambience thats towards the end of that song. an anonymous source of mine says he was played a 30second ticklepickler that put dubstep, grime and break/drill to shame. :sorcerer:

Familiar, yes? Actually I'm certain he played this at Koko last November. Not breaking many Pusher boundries but I definitely dig it. I'm sure Warp are holding back some proper bad boys for the album, he's the fucking daddy!

:squarepusher:

I think you should wait till you hear the album before you start slagging tom off to high hell. This song is silly jungly anthmy banger.

The rest of the album is actually a lot simpler. Less emphasis on complicated drums patterns. more emphasis on melody. Its the album of someone who is happy and doesnt have to try so hard.

Like i said before, the feeling i get from listening to this album is triumph and goosebumps on the back of the neck. It's the most accessible album yet and the best im my opnion.

Archived