IGNORED

The Cure - Songs of a Lost World

I mean the song is immediately the best thing they've done since Wish, which is already a positive. Will probably wait until it's out before making a decision to purchase, but it's nice to be optimistic.

• Like 5

never been a Cure fan specifically (they’ve got some good tunes, ofc) but gave this song a listen today & thoroughly enjoyed it.

Edited by auxien
  • Like 4

On 9/28/2024 at 5:12 AM, auxien said:

never been a Cure fan specifically (they’ve got some good tunes, ofc) but gave this song a listen today & thoroughly enjoyed it.

Same. Never a mad fan but do really like some of their tunes. A lot of their stuff, even the classic albums have plenty of stuff that doesn't interest me. They also have great b-sides. 

• Like 1

Cure was my favorite band throughout the 90s, but haven't Loved an album since Wish (even though I though half of Wild Mood Swings was great).  Definitely looking forward to this one as they've been killing it live lately.  That said, this single just sounds Nice to me, rather than leaves me salivating.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pizza said:

the cd + blu-ray edition is pretty cool in terms of what it includes:

• Includes the album and instrumentals on two CDs
  • Blu-ray with Hi-Res stereo and Dolby Atmos mixes

This is becoming a format of choice for deluxe editions, Thompson Twins are doing the same:

IMG_2764.jpeg

IMG_2766.jpeg

On 10/1/2024 at 1:34 PM, hayhook said:

My 101 favourite The Cure songs:

Good to see Exploding Boy and A Few Hours After This....

I had the double cassette version of Staring At The Sea which had the B-sides (the CD and vinyl versions didn't) and I was blown away when I heard those two tracks. Amazing stuff to chuck on a B-side. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Good to see Exploding Boy and A Few Hours After This....

I had the double cassette version of Staring At The Sea which had the B-sides (the CD and vinyl versions didn't) and I was blown away when I heard those two tracks. Amazing stuff to chuck on a B-side. 

yeah. that join the dots b-sides compilation is almost as good as their greatest hits. talk about "killing your darlings..."

27 minutes ago, hayhook said:

yeah. that join the dots b-sides compilation is almost as good as their greatest hits. talk about "killing your darlings..."

The b-sides for Disintegration and Wish were some of my fav Cure tracks.

• Like 2

I've been wanting to see them live for a while now hopefully this will be the opportunity! Very excited for this album 🙂

4 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

The b-sides for Disintegration and Wish were some of my fav Cure tracks.

The Disintegration demos are magical too!

Edited by milkface
  • Like 1